Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Question about the fitness assesment. I have already reached my fitness threshold of 30 000 points, can I still do the fitness assesment in order to reach gold or will it just count towards my Vitality goal?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question about the fitness assesment. I have already reached my fitness threshold of 30 000 points, can I still do the fitness assesment in order to reach gold or will it just count towards my Vitality goal?

It won't count towards total points. I don't think it counts towards the weekly goal either, I did mine on a Saturday morning, and nothing appeared on my goal, so I still had to do my regular activities that week to get my points.

it won't count towards anything unfortunately. I've not bothered to do mine because I'll get nothing for it

The only thing you will get is more discount with Healthy Gear, but if you are planning to use that, it might be better to do the test at the start of the year.

Thanks for all the replies. The reason for asking is that my wife and I decided this year to see if we can get to gold. As mentioned I already reached my fitnes goals and went for the screening tests which I recieved the full amounts of points.

My wife prior to the screening tests was about on 27 000 points more or less. She only recieved a few points for tests within range.

My next question is will she be still able to claim vitality points for the outstanding fitness points in order to reach our goal for gold?

Thanks for all the replies. The reason for asking is that my wife and I decided this year to see if we can get to gold. As mentioned I already reached my fitnes goals and went for the screening tests which I recieved the full amounts of points.

My wife prior to the screening tests was about on 27 000 points more or less. She only recieved a few points for tests within range.

My next question is will she be still able to claim vitality points for the outstanding fitness points in order to reach our goal for gold?

Check this page while logged into the profile you need points on. It will list everything you have already done and what can still be done.

https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/track-and-earn-points

Has anyone else noticed the bug that has crept in during the last few weeks where points are allocated for more than one activity per day (ie not just the highest point allocation for the day, but everything?)? This has happened a few times in the last couple of weeks on my profile

post-42568-0-08934800-1570207828_thumb.png

Anyone else having issues with Garmin workouts not syncing with Vitality? My last workout that synced was on 6 October. Two workouts since are not showing, but funnily enough I get points for taking 10000 steps, which comes from my Garmin. Both workouts were long enough and at high enough heart rate that I should have earned 300 points each time.

Anyone else having issues with Garmin workouts not syncing with Vitality? My last workout that synced was on 6 October. Two workouts since are not showing, but funnily enough I get points for taking 10000 steps, which comes from my Garmin. Both workouts were long enough and at high enough heart rate that I should have earned 300 points each time.

My wife's Garmin workouts are syncing just fine, including this morning's.

I did have something similar a few weeks ago with my Suunto, where a 4h+ road ride just got ignored.

Wife had a similar issue with her Apple Watch, but by Friday evening all workouts for the week eventually showed and points were awarded.

Same thing happened to me last night. Only the steps registered but run was over 30 min with correct heart rate etc. 

Caution to those (except Gerald) looking to grab onto the iPhone offer

nBxmE7t.png

Yeah, the monthly payment amounts are high, but they're phones that go over teh R20k mark so it's pretty obviaas. Still not gonna use it, though. 

Caution to those (except Gerald) looking to grab onto the iPhone offer

nBxmE7t.png

Yeah, the monthly payment amounts are high, but they're phones that go over teh R20k mark so it's pretty obviaas. Still not gonna use it, though.

I’m cautious about it and reluctant at this stage to even consider it - plus the fact that my current credit limit is below the minimum and I’m not keen to up it for the sake of a phone.

Just got this in an email about the iphone... so model of phone is dependent on which banking account you have

post-33015-0-18563400-1570787027_thumb.jpg