Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I had that sort of value last year, this year, sweet fokol. It may be worth it to you sure, but for me, I literally got 2 disconnected diamonds, 1 x 100 points and the rest was all 25 and 30s. I just cancelled mine as for me, I'm putting in way more than I am getting out.

I'm in the same boat as you. Every week get either a 25 or 30 and once every 2/3 months get a diamond. I can never even accumulate my diamonds to get anything decent. Max i get is a R100 voucher a month which is nothing to write home about.

I must say that i've given up on the rewards system and if i get anything more than usual then it's a bonus.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

At the 947 Expo, I was a lucky winner of a prize at the Discovery stand. Was told I will be contacted to deliver the prize. Few weeks already and I have not yet been contacted. Hope somebody on the Hub has knows who I can contact.

Thanks

I got sent and SMS with a code to redeem my smoothie. Did so on Sunday.

But, was there an announcement anywhere for who won the bike, or did nobody win and they just gathered all us suckers personal info for spam purposes (which I knew they were doing anyway)

But, was there an announcement anywhere for who won the bike, or did nobody win and they just gathered all us suckers personal info for spam purposes (which I knew they were doing anyway)

A guy on a whatsapp group I am in posted that he won the bike, lucky bugger. Also got the sms for my coffee last week I think.

I'm in the same boat as you. Every week get either a 25 or 30 and once every 2/3 months get a diamond. I can never even accumulate my diamonds to get anything decent. Max i get is a R100 voucher a month which is nothing to write home about.

I must say that i've given up on the rewards system and if i get anything more than usual then it's a bonus.

I'm only able to ride on a weekends, so my goal dropped down to 900 points a week which was just about manageable.

Then I do the 947 and all of a sudden my goal is up to 1100 points.

So this Vitality points stuff is not working for me either.

Also only getting like 25 or 30 everytime I play the board.

Considering what vitality offered in the past as to what it offers today, its actually got more demanding and expensive with less and less benefits, yet us sheeple buy into it every year

Time to dump it 

They trying the same thing with their bank - I mean, I really need a medical aid company telling me how to manage my money. I don't see my bank (STD bank) telling me how to manage my health.

Considering what vitality offered in the past as to what it offers today, its actually got more demanding and expensive with less and less benefits, yet us sheeple buy into it every year

Time to dump it 

They trying the same thing with their bank - I mean, I really need a medical aid company telling me how to manage my money. I don't see my bank (STD bank) telling me how to manage my health.

Discovery actually want to tell you how to live your life. I am thinking the next step to their 'comprehensive package' would be to enter the educational space. I am not negative about them knowing everything or forcing a person to live a certain way. 

Was also posted on their FB https://www.facebook.com/discoverysouthafrica/ scroll down to the 29 November. A guy called Peter won it

I'm only able to ride on a weekends, so my goal dropped down to 900 points a week which was just about manageable.

surprise surprise... i got 30 points for my spin today

Log a query to have your points target changed from endurance to normal athlete .

Then max weekly target is 900

Time to dump it 

Its very clever from their side actually.

How do you stop paying so many medical bills, get your members more healthy. But not so healthy that they push them selves and get hurt.

How do you stop your member canceling your insurance policies when times are tough, start a bank and get your member managing their money right.

Its very clever from their side actually.

How do you stop paying so many medical bills, get your members more healthy. But not so healthy that they push them selves and get hurt.

How do you stop your member canceling your insurance policies when times are tough, start a bank and get your member managing their money right.

That and with NHI they risk loosing their main business anyway.

Time to dump it 

Except Discovery is NOT jsut a medical aid company. They're a bank, a life assurance company, a short term insurance company, a wellness management program, a medical aid administrator and a medical aid company. Each individual companies under the Discovery Group umbrella. 

The items that you're complaining about are the extra benefits that were introduced a few years ago to get the average joe to exercise more and monitor their health more closely, to get them healthier. The underlying Vitality benefits have improved over the years, with the addition of the VAR program, enhanced discounts for clients with more "integrated" portfolios and more incentives to know and manage your health. This has nothing to do with any of the other businesses, except where you get enhanced discounts and / or interest rates (which are already among the best in the banking environment, even on BLUE VM status) or extra paybacks. 

The VAR board game is really just the smallest part of it. 

Log a query to have your points target changed from endurance to normal athlete .

Then max weekly target is 900

That would help a little, but you'd still need 3 activities per week of 30 min plus. 

That and with NHI they risk loosing their main business anyway.

I honestly don't think it's as big of a risk as some of the "pundits" are claiming. There's still going to be enormous scope for private medical coverage that, like BUPA and others overseas, allows one the freedom of choice and extra coverage that just won't come from the NHI. The industry is MASSIVE, employs thousands of people, and is well entrenched in the fabric of private healthcare in SA. It's just that we don't know the exact form that the med aid benefits will take, once NHI comes in. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Location location i guess. I’ve always received mine that same afternoon with dischem

It was a remote test, ie not at an actual dischem branch. One of their nurses came to us... :P