Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So my status is Gold, even though I have been diamond for the last 4 years (apparently a glitch, they refreshed the info now it appears correct in some view and not others)

We are 1 main member, a spouse and a 20 year old dependant.

We require 100,000 points to get to gold/diamond. Where do they get this number from? (they also do not know)

So we carry more points than for main +1 but less than for main + 2 but my son cannot earn any points for anything (fitness, health checks, screenings) except Vaccinations. They do not know why.

WTF. Ho well, as soon as I get my 5 year payout for being diamond on my life-cover everything is going to stop as it is way more expensive than a normal life cover product and the hoops you have to jump through just get more and more. 

In my opinion, any discovery product with an integrator is a hiding to nowhere. Salesman got me through and through as I did not fully understand the implications, so my fault. But I see trouble brewing for Discovery if they keep up this strangeness. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been Diamond for the last 5 years. Status was Gold yesterday and has been updated to Diamond this morning. So seems like the glitch has been fixed.

Just done the know my health/vitality age online, so starting the jumping through hoops and watching the points work towards the maintaining of Diamond.  Health check will be done tomorrow.

Let the games begin :)

Was Diamond yesterday morning. Then gold last night when I checked last night, and still currently gold - not too concerned as I’m sure it will be corrected today. Edit: was corrected shortly after posting this.

Online stuff done and now off to TWT for my car’s annual check.

Circus Charlie here, bye.
e63d6d07add83777c5bdcdabd7c1d38a.jpg

Edited by Frosty

The excess funder insurance thing pays for itself too - Discovery paid R10k for my new tyres and car battery at TWT - I was very happy not to have to pay that out of my wallet at the start of the holidays.

Happy to keep doing what I need to do to get my benefits. (Gym savings works for me and used up all my flights last year for work and family trips.)

I love how I've dropped from Diamond to Silver banking overnight, without having changed a single thing on my side 

x4C6z0g.png

first time ever using vitality rewards.

Popped into the local builders wharehouse (spit!) yesterday and they have a vida e inside.

I was thirsty so decided to check if I had a reward I could use. Not only did i see I had but also that some of them would expire soon, so got myself and the wife something

first time ever using vitality rewards.

Popped into the local builders wharehouse (spit!) yesterday and they have a vida e inside.

I was thirsty so decided to check if I had a reward I could use. Not only did i see I had but also that some of them would expire soon, so got myself and the wife something

Another Vitality Rewards slave is born. Don’t worry, you’re with friends here!

Another Vitality Rewards slave is born. Don’t worry, you’re with friends here!

dont worry, have been contemplating canceling it. But since the company pays 50% it doesnt hit me that hard.

What happened to shoe booster?

Dont see it on the app anymore or am I looking in the wrong place.

It has disappeared.

It previously showed under Boosters and also under Fitness Partners. I see that the Gym Booster and Apple Watch shows (for me) but not the shoe booster.

6f9f4291dc580b0b1a72039e5fb2a55e.jpg

I’ll ask my broker to find out more.

It has disappeared.

It previously showed under Boosters and also under Fitness Partners. I see that the Gym Booster and Apple Watch shows (for me) but not the shoe booster.

6f9f4291dc580b0b1a72039e5fb2a55e.jpg

I’ll ask my broker to find out more.

It does show "active" on the website - but the website doesn't allow to see details like the App.

post-1372-0-10710700-1578320674_thumb.png

When you dont have company assistance to help pay Discovery it is the most expensive item on the budget.

I used to be diamond but got tired of the constant hoops, tests etc.

I now cycle to enjoy cycling without thinking vitality points everytime I get on the bike