Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

But that means we missed out on the 100 for last weeks goals.

Yes, but the new system only started on 11/01.

on the previous rewards you were guaranteed a coffee each week as the minimum points were 25. Now the minimum is 50 miles. The means you could take 3 weeks to get one coffee

Ja no they've screwed us good and proper - AGAIN !!!

Even when they converted from the old points system to the Miles they screwed us out of a pile of money.

There was way more value (for us) in the previous points system.

Ja no they've screwed us good and proper - AGAIN !!!

Even when they converted from the old points system to the Miles they screwed us out of a pile of money.

There was way more value (for us) in the previous points system.

Whilst it seems like we get less points, they now do not expire after 12 weeks and are valid for 5 years, so will be able to collect more over time for bigger purchases.

Whilst it seems like we get less points, they now do not expire after 12 weeks and are valid for 5 years, so will be able to collect more over time for bigger purchases.

That might work for somebody with a lot of patients but since I have none it doesn't even feature in the equation.

Next year they'll just change that and give less points but tell everybody that it's far better.

I'm also pretty sure that they've crunched some numbers and confirmed that an "x" amount of members will leave before the 5 years are up and loose their points.

We've gone from 1 x smoothie a week to 1 x cup of coffee every 3 weeks.

That might work for somebody with a lot of patients but since I have none it doesn't even feature in the equation.

Next year they'll just change that and give less points but tell everybody that it's far better.

I'm also pretty sure that they've crunched some numbers and confirmed that an "x" amount of members will leave before the 5 years are up and loose their points.

We've gone from 1 x smoothie a week to 1 x cup of coffee every 3 weeks.

It is still a minimum of 1 cup of coffee every week. You will get

100 miles for reaching your goal and 1 pick on the board which is a minimum of 50 miles, so minimum per week will always be 150 miles = 1 coffee

Saying that they still far to generous!! Max miles on my board was 90 ????‍♂️

Edited by Fitbull

Wondering how they assign value on the board to play?  Frosty's biggest value is D300, on my board the biggest is D200 and on ridr's it was only D100?

Based on Disco Money? Which colour card you have? 

its the same as the old system where there weren't diamonds on the board week in week out. completely random i guess 

The flaw still lies in their innate lack of understanding of activity and fitness/health and geospatial technology.

Run a 5km in 20mins Sunday to Friday which takes some dedicated training, good strong legs and lungs and above average fitness and you get nothing, absolutely nothing- you may as well have laid on the couch.

Walk a parkrun on a Sat morning requiring no fitness, no training and you get 300 points for being "healthy" and "fit" and caring about your "Vitality"

Ironman takes "Dedication to training" so you get like 6000 points. Run a 100 miler(160km) and you can get 3000 same points as a marathon- Obviously who would train for a 100 miler? It definitely takes no extra dedication like an Ironman.

This all based on technology that anyone who can perform a 'find and replace' in a text editor can cheat.

I spend my R300 a month in trappers and Seattle where there is no guess work and gambling involved.

The flaw still lies in their innate lack of understanding of activity and fitness/health and geospatial technology.

Run a 5km in 20mins Sunday to Friday which takes some dedicated training, good strong legs and lungs and above average fitness and you get nothing, absolutely nothing- you may as well have laid on the couch.

Walk a parkrun on a Sat morning requiring no fitness, no training and you get 300 points for being "healthy" and "fit" and caring about your "Vitality"

Ironman takes "Dedication to training" so you get like 6000 points. Run a 100 miler(160km) and you can get 3000 same points as a marathon- Obviously who would train for a 100 miler? It definitely takes no extra dedication like an Ironman.

This all based on technology that anyone who can perform a 'find and replace' in a text editor can cheat.

I spend my R300 a month in trappers and Seattle where there is no guess work and gambling involved.

Correction... 9000 points. It takes even more dedication than you thought 

:ph34r:

yeah also the one activity a day thing doesnt gel well with me.

John A does a 2 hour ride on sunday and gets 300 points

John B does a 2 hour ride on sunday, then comes home and goes for a 5km run followed by a swim, but in Disco's eyes he has done the same training as John A so only gets the highest points of the 3, so probably the 300 points.

yeah also the one activity a day thing doesnt gel well with me.

John A does a 2 hour ride on sunday and gets 300 points

John B does a 2 hour ride on sunday, then comes home and goes for a 5km run followed by a swim, but in Disco's eyes he has done the same training as John A so only gets the highest points of the 3, so probably the 300 points.

Your confusing discovery with a company that cares.