Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

The flaw still lies in their innate lack of understanding of activity and fitness/health and geospatial technology.

Run a 5km in 20mins Sunday to Friday which takes some dedicated training, good strong legs and lungs and above average fitness and you get nothing, absolutely nothing- you may as well have laid on the couch.

Walk a parkrun on a Sat morning requiring no fitness, no training and you get 300 points for being "healthy" and "fit" and caring about your "Vitality"

Ironman takes "Dedication to training" so you get like 6000 points. Run a 100 miler(160km) and you can get 3000 same points as a marathon- Obviously who would train for a 100 miler? It definitely takes no extra dedication like an Ironman.

This all based on technology that anyone who can perform a 'find and replace' in a text editor can cheat.

I spend my R300 a month in trappers and Seattle where there is no guess work and gambling involved.

Same with the swimming. I swim Midmar 8 Mile Club every year and I get the same points as I would have if I’d swam only a single mile on each day.

As an aside, neither myself or my wife have had points allocated for gym or workouts for the lat three days. Exercised every one of those days!

Edited by Jigghead

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same with the swimming. I swim Midmar 8 Mile Club every year and I get the same points as I would have if I’d swam only a single mile on each day.

As an aside, neither myself or my wife have had points allocated for gym or workouts for the lat three days. Exercised every one of those days!

My last workout shows on the points monitor but the active rewards circle is not updating.

Anybody else having an issue with points pulling through from yesterday?

Yeah nothing yet for yesterday or today. The app was also down this morning around 6 am. Might be related.

Hey guys, quick question re. Discovery Bank. 

Since I moved over to Discovery Bank, I have noticed we are no longer getting the Discovery Miles Multiplier (when you spend with partner stores such as BP and Pick 'n Pay). obviously the active rewards and banking rewards have replaced the 'Multiplier' programme.

Does this mean that we no longer get more miles granted at the partner stores? Or will we just get more 'Base' miles if we go to BP as an example? 

Sorry if this is unclear  :wacko:

Yeah nothing yet for yesterday or today. The app was also down this morning around 6 am. Might be related.

Mine from last night is not showing either.

I see this on their help page:

2020-01-17 : Slow Internet Speeds & Points Delay

Many internet service providers are experiencing slow internet speeds which is due to a technical fault. As a result members will find that their points will take longer to reflect on Vitality.

So, the service appears to be affected by the two cable breaks affecting international internet speed.

Mine from last night is not showing either.

I see this on their help page:

So, the service appears to be affected by the two cable breaks affecting international internet speed.

Just spoke to Discovery regarding my insurance and they have indicated that their entire system is down and there is no access to any profiles. They have said that it has been down for most of today and will likely only be up and running again by tomorrow.

I had this problem with Shealth and Discovery App. Called Discovery call center this morning, the call center said they could see my two workouts in their back end, but it was not reflecting in the points awarded, they did something manual on their side and now my points the last two days reflect on the app. The technician that assisted the call center agent told her there weren't any problems on their side and I should call again and speak about the settings on my Samsung Shealth app if the problem continued. Of course I mentioned that if Discovery can see the missing data in their back end systems, the problem is probably not on my phone.

I had this problem with Shealth and Discovery App. Called Discovery call center this morning, the call center said they could see my two workouts in their back end, but it was not reflecting in the points awarded, they did something manual on their side and now my points the last two days reflect on the app. The technician that assisted the call center agent told her there weren't any problems on their side and I should call again and speak about the settings on my Samsung Shealth app if the problem continued. Of course I mentioned that if Discovery can see the missing data in their back end systems, the problem is probably not on my phone.

It is Garmin workouts on my side, and I have already reached my goal so no rush to get the points. So hopefully it is part of this other outage. If I don`t see it by next week I will give them a call. Not in the mood to fight with someone over the phone on a Friday  :ph34r: .

Since I moved over to Discovery Bank, I have noticed we are no longer getting the Discovery Miles Multiplier (when you spend with partner stores such as BP and Pick 'n Pay). obviously the active rewards and banking rewards have replaced the 'Multiplier' programme.

Does this mean that we no longer get more miles granted at the partner stores? Or will we just get more 'Base' miles if we go to BP as an example? 

No more Multiplier from what they have advised.

I am making the switch next month as my old Disco credit card expires.

Looking at the DM transactions, there seems to be a lot of Fitness Ring transactions that have been added to the account.

The ring still shows DM200, and 600/900 yet the Vitality points tracker shows I’ve got the last 300 points as per the upload.

2fb8d8aa590cc4e383d371dd3134c84a.jpg

Then the miles shows my Fitness ring has been given points, both manual and others, as follows:

765dc3dd65ab9d0996825f29ddc5a94d.jpg

2f71a8e60dd43625dd54f65fd43052e5.jpg

e236c1c618a8fdaaa4d92ec206355807.jpg

0caa2a1b8896fea73c0e1c4b6caf6f9c.jpg

025af6519da35a5dd582807003553bf0.jpg

i don't feel like reading through everything but my gym sessions from Friday and this morning have not pulled through yet, I hear there some issues from Friday?

i don't feel like reading through everything but my gym sessions from Friday and this morning have not pulled through yet, I hear there some issues from Friday?

No activity also pulled through from Friday. Today however i cant log in to discovery, use discovery miles or anything

Wonder if anyone can advise: If i wanted to get an iphone 8 on active rewards what would it cost me per month if:

I cycle 2 x per week, 300 points, over and hour, 75% of heart rate

I spend 5k min on my discovery platinum card per month

Its been raining allot, so cant cycle as per normal

I have rewards activated

Is there an initial deposit, is it cheaper just getting a small contract from mtn, vodacom?

This is for my son as i am so tired of trading or buying, selling phones every 2 years, thought

discovery might be an option but just not sure. 

Would be interested in the answer as I am contemplating either going Full FNB or Discovery bank when my Discovery credit card expires in month or two.

On the Discovery sight I do not see that it was removed.

Wonder if anyone can advise: If i wanted to get an iphone 8 on active rewards what would it cost me per month if:

I cycle 2 x per week, 300 points, over and hour, 75% of heart rate

I spend 5k min on my discovery platinum card per month

Its been raining allot, so cant cycle as per normal

I have rewards activated

Is there an initial deposit, is it cheaper just getting a small contract from mtn, vodacom?

This is for my son as i am so tired of trading or buying, selling phones every 2 years, thought

discovery might be an option but just not sure.

I’m not aware that one can get an iPhone with Active Rewards, or am I missing something?

AFAIK, the iPhone benefit is with Discovery Bank.