Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Ja so this is still not resolved, and they've AGAIN under-collected by about R400 this month.

And then I reply to the above mail quoted, and get a "this mailbox is not monitored" response.

Ridiculous.

I spoke to someone at the bank yesterday after the third month they have charged me interest , they maintain that it is a system problem they are sorting out . 

Edited by hillel

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to someone at the bank yesterday after the third month they have charged me interest , they maintain that it is a system problem they are sorting out . 

Yeah, same. Numpties!

That’s why I have a broker - they can deal with the “system” problems, while I’ll deal with ensuring my drives, workouts and card spend is working on the app, and that my investments and life policy are both kept relevant.

Well I mean, I also have a broker, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm still being charged interest each month.

March has been reversed though, in fairness, but the same thing happened at the end of May, again.

Similar interest charge for two months, battle to get it back but then phoned for the third time and insisted on a written response from Discovery in order to proceed to ombudsman....sorted ! 

FWIW

Your Rewards Wednesday is about to get even more rewarding. From July 2020, Vitality members can enjoy discounts on selected rewards based on your Vitality Health status, a higher-value gameboard, and more ways to earn Discovery Miles for driving well.

Getting active, driving well and spending responsibly just got more rewarding. From July 2020, we're enhancing Vitality Active Rewards so you can enjoy discounted rewards, reveal bigger Discovery Miles on the gameboard for achieving your goals, and earn even more Discovery Miles for staying safe on the road.

Get discounts based on your Vitality Health status

You can now save up to 25% on most Vitality Active Rewards redemptions worth more than 350 Discovery Miles based on your Vitality Health status.

How? If you're at Blue Vitality Health status, you'll get 5% discount on select rewards. Bronze Vitality Health members get 10% off, Silver Vitality Health members get 15% off, and Gold Vitality Health members enjoy a 20% discount. Reach Diamond Vitality Health status to get the full 25% saving.

Say for example, you buy an item at Sportsmans Warehouse for R100 (worth 1 000 Discovery Miles). With your Diamond Vitality Health status, you get 25% off, so instead of paying R100 (1 000 Discovery Miles), you only pay R75 (750 Discovery Miles).

Here's are a few more examples - follow link below for table.

To ensure fair access to rewards, there will be a daily, weekly or monthly limit on certain rewards from August 2020.

We've enhanced the Vitality Active Rewards gameboard for you

When you achieved your weekly exercise, drive or money goal before, you received an instant 100 Discovery Miles and a play on the gameboard every Wednesday.

From July 2020, when you achieve your weekly goal, you will no longer get 100 instant Discovery Miles. You will instead get a play on the more valuable gameboard for the following Rewards Wednesday, where you can pick a tile to reveal between 150 and 750 Discovery Miles. This means you're guaranteed a coffee or more for every goal you achieve.

Plus, if you achieve all three of your goals, you will get a bonus play on the gameboard for even more Discovery Miles.

Plus, earn more Discovery Miles for driving well

In addition, Discovery Insure clients with Vitality Drive can now experience a more personalised and engaging Vitality Active Rewards drive goal. From July 2020, you will receive a weekly personalised Vitality Active Rewards drive goal based on your driving behaviour.

It will no longer be a fixed goal of 100 kilometres of event-free driving, but a dynamic goal that rewards you for staying safe on the road.

Furthermore, the new Vitality Drive points-earning structure will be more transparent and intuitive. You will be able to easily understand and track your good driving behaviour as you close your weekly drive ring to achieve your Vitality Active Rewards drive goal.

Please make sure you have latest version of the Discovery app to enjoy these great enhancements in July.

https://www.discovery.co.za/corporate/exercise-var-enhancements-2020

Is anyone having issues with getting home workout points?

I've started to do yoga (haven't got back on the road with my bike yet) for an hour every second day or so. These are picked up on my Suunto (which is connected to Discovery) but i don't seem to be getting home workout points for these. From what I see, the home workout is still a thing accepted by Vitality.

Anyone have a similar issue and know what to do? 

Is anyone having issues with getting home workout points?

I've started to do yoga (haven't got back on the road with my bike yet) for an hour every second day or so. These are picked up on my Suunto (which is connected to Discovery) but i don't seem to be getting home workout points for these. From what I see, the home workout is still a thing accepted by Vitality.

Anyone have a similar issue and know what to do?

I had a few issues, but gave up as I get points from my normal IDT/outdoor training rides.

Hope this is OK for this forum - I need help with sending data to disco vitality from IDT sessions

My setup

Kickr Core & HRM -> BT connection to Iphone 6 -> running TR & Zwift - everything connects and is working fine

Both TR & Zwift apps upload activities to Strava & Garmin Connect - No problems works perfect.

Previously i ran my Garmin 520 on the IDT which synced with Garmin connect and from there my data synced with Disco Vitality for points

The new setup i dont use my Garmin 520 on the IDT, mainly because i'm using a BT HRM and the Garmin is Ant+

So with my new setup - How do i get my data to sync with Disco Vitality - I tried syncing my Iphone health app to Garmin connect so the data would load from TR or Zwift -> Garmin connect -> Iphone health app (HR data) -> disco vitality - Eisch ! but she is not working.

Any solutions would be appreciated thanx

Hope this is OK for this forum - I need help with sending data to disco vitality from IDT sessions

My setup

Kickr Core & HRM -> BT connection to Iphone 6 -> running TR & Zwift - everything connects and is working fine

Both TR & Zwift apps upload activities to Strava & Garmin Connect - No problems works perfect.

Previously i ran my Garmin 520 on the IDT which synced with Garmin connect and from there my data synced with Disco Vitality for points

The new setup i dont use my Garmin 520 on the IDT, mainly because i'm using a BT HRM and the Garmin is Ant+

So with my new setup - How do i get my data to sync with Disco Vitality - I tried syncing my Iphone health app to Garmin connect so the data would load from TR or Zwift -> Garmin connect -> Iphone health app (HR data) -> disco vitality - Eisch ! but she is not working.

Any solutions would be appreciated thanx

Discovery will only accept data from approved devices, of which Zwift, Strava, TR, etc. are not approved sources. Likewise, the only app approved on an iPhone is the native Activity app on the Apple Watch - the non-Apple Watch data pulling into the Health app doesn’t work.

I’m sure someone will give a solution for the Wahoo HRM to Tapirik (spelling) to GC to Discovery. I can’t help as I only use Garmin/Apple Watch devices for my HR.

Discovery will only accept data from approved devices, of which Zwift, Strava, TR, etc. are not approved sources. Likewise, the only app approved on an iPhone is the native Activity app on the Apple Watch - the non-Apple Watch data pulling into the Health app doesn’t work.

I’m sure someone will give a solution for the Wahoo HRM to Tapirik (spelling) to GC to Discovery. I can’t help as I only use Garmin/Apple Watch devices for my HR.

thanks - I thought that would be the problem. When i go into Garmin connect into the activity it indicates the source as 3rd party TR or Zwift app.

I think my only quick and easy solution will be to run my Garmin in parallel while wearing both the Ant+ & BT HRM

thanks - I thought that would be the problem. When i go into Garmin connect into the activity it indicates the source as 3rd party TR or Zwift app.

I think my only quick and easy solution will be to run my Garmin in parallel while wearing both the Ant+ & BT HRM

Try this. Import your ride from TrainerRoad (fit file) to Garmin via Garmin Connect and Discovery should see it as a Garmin ride.

Try this. Import your ride from TrainerRoad (fit file) to Garmin via Garmin Connect and Discovery should see it as a Garmin ride.

It still reloads as the source being TR

But i modified the fit file to change the device shhhhhhhhhh! will see if that works

Only way. Wahoo Tikr.

Morning everybody. Anybody experiencing no option to play on the weekly board? i see i have one play but doesn't give me the option at the bottom of the app to do it.

Morning everybody. Anybody experiencing no option to play on the weekly board? i see i have one play but doesn't give me the option at the bottom of the app to do it.

I had 2 plays and could play the board this morning.