Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Myles, we all know now that if your 2019 Vitality Health points were higher than this years' (or if you didn't go for your tests this year) it will get carried over, but do you know whether this is also applicable to your Vitality Drive points?

I was due for my annual inspection last month (but was lazy), but I now note on my Drive profile that my points are valid until 2021

IrieVQ9.png

Was hoping you knew before I sent them a query.

I don't think so. I just think that the VD points are valid for a 12 month period, so you only have to do your next check in October next year. Remember VD is monthly points, not annual.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so. I just think that the VD points are valid for a 12 month period, so you only have to do your next check in October next year. Remember VD is monthly points, not annual.

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. The VD points are monthly, but 150 of your points are for your annual check (which I haven't yet done this year), but it now shows on my profile that I only need to do a check in 2021.

This was September 2020 - no points as I hadn't done my check. The above is October 2020, so I'm curious as to whether there was a similar change implemented with the insurance as with health.

WMw9szj.png

Edited by bertusras

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. The VD points are monthly, but 150 of your points are for your annual check (which I haven't yet done this year), but it now shows on my profile that I only need to do a check in 2021.

Ye. Annual check. You get 150 points per month that your check is valid for.

Oh oh. I got you now. Slow brain day. ????????????

I dunno, mate. But it must be. The vitality drive isn't my bag, don't really deal with short term.

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting results from BrandsEye survey into satisfaction levels of banking clients ....  (sadly cant copy the info from NEtwerk24)

Discovery bank has got the torch for being theeeee most unliked bank, at some -22,3% on their score chart.

Well worth noting the main complaint being virtual platform, and the difficulty in resolving any issues ....  The exact issue I had with FNB in 2019.  Speaking of which, FNB has moved from the most unliked to the second position, at "only" -19,7%.

One can only smile at the musical chairs as clients move from one bank to the other .... the SAD reality is that they ALL are heading the call centre route .... and it is just a matter of time until we end up with some wierd complaint which the person on the other side of the phone cant understand, never mind solve ...

I do miss the "good old days" .... those days that we walked up to the enquiry desk, and in our own NON-financial way explained our problem to a real person, and they took the time to explain the workable options to you.

Interesting results from BrandsEye survey into satisfaction levels of banking clients ....  (sadly cant copy the info from NEtwerk24)

Discovery bank has got the torch for being theeeee most unliked bank, at some -22,3% on their score chart.

Well worth noting the main complaint being virtual platform, and the difficulty in resolving any issues ....  The exact issue I had with FNB in 2019.  Speaking of which, FNB has moved from the most unliked to the second position, at "only" -19,7%.

One can only smile at the musical chairs as clients move from one bank to the other .... the SAD reality is that they ALL are heading the call centre route .... and it is just a matter of time until we end up with some wierd complaint which the person on the other side of the phone cant understand, never mind solve ...

I do miss the "good old days" .... those days that we walked up to the enquiry desk, and in our own NON-financial way explained our problem to a real person, and they took the time to explain the workable options to you.

It is a sad reality. I'm a millennial and much prefer the 'older' way of doing things, however, we have to admit that the costs of running a shop/store/bank is simply too much compared to what can be achieved online. 

My main question with the lack of customer service is this. Is it due to just pathetic service/protocols in place or is it because most staff are working from home and thus, slacking off due to no active supervision?  

random question that may have been answered somewhere here but anyway. I see I got an additional 8000 points as an adjustment for 2019. Anyone else seen this and know what it's for

random question that may have been answered somewhere here but anyway. I see I got an additional 8000 points as an adjustment for 2019. Anyone else seen this and know what it's for

If you didn't do as well with fitness points or health check this year, they topped you up to your figures from last year, or something to that effect. Woke up one day and jumped from silver to plat, was pleasantly surprised. 

It should show you the detail. Check the Point Events part of the app.

cc7ccfffe263f354e28c21680eccc8c8.jpg

If you didn't do as well with fitness points or health check this year, they topped you up to your figures from last year, or something to that effect. Woke up one day and jumped from silver to plat, was pleasantly surprised.

They took the higher of the two years values for the health check and/fitness assessment.

So if you didn’t do anything in 2020, then you get the 2019 values. If 2019 was higher than 2020, they took the 2019 values. If 2020 was higher, then you wouldn’t have got anything extra.

It is a sad reality. I'm a millennial and much prefer the 'older' way of doing things, however, we have to admit that the costs of running a shop/store/bank is simply too much compared to what can be achieved online. 

My main question with the lack of customer service is this. Is it due to just pathetic service/protocols in place or is it because most staff are working from home and thus, slacking off due to no active supervision?  

Nope, this one cant be blamed on Covid ....

Roughly 10 years ago I opened a business banking account with FNB, with primary account at ABSA.  It was interesting to compare the two ... it really was swings and round abouts ....  both had strong points, both has weak points.  BUT, both was "as good" as the human that assisted you when you had an issue.

Then ABSA went the call centre route, and it became more of challenge to resolve simple issues.  2017 I wanted to buy a property, but "was not allowed" to speak to the lady at the Tygermanor branch that had been my go-to person for bonds for almost 20 years .... NOPE.  Now you have to work via a bond-originator ..... and thus I was offered a better deal by FNB, IF I move my primary banking to FNB ..... Given my excellent business experience with FNB, and a few minor issues that the ABSA online clowns managed to turn into big issues the move was made.

And then the wheels FELL OFF !!  While my bond was in process FNB also went the call centre route - but FULLY !  If you now walk into an FNB branch you are pointed to the phone in the corner .... the most they will help you is to dial the call centre for you ....

Now IF the call centres were efficient it would not be an issue .... speak to three people (on the same day) and get three totally different replies !!  

Pretty sure covid did them no favours, but banking call centres were not good to start with ...

• 4 weeks later...

I see strava is back on the cards

Saw that with their launch in September and has come through. I see it as a marketing/free/lite version of Team Vitality. Points can be earned through Strava based on speed, but I think most would have a device which leaves that moot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Vitality will now link to Strava.

100 points for Strava sessions, 300 if you use a watch or hart rate monitor .... the news publication did not give any more detail .... wonder if this opens the door for using other brands of watches and monitors ?

Also did not say if you need to be a Strava premium user .....

going to be interesting to see this unfold ....

Apparently Vitality will now link to Strava.

100 points for Strava sessions, 300 if you use a watch or hart rate monitor .... the news publication did not give any more detail .... wonder if this opens the door for using other brands of watches and monitors ?

Also did not say if you need to be a Strava premium user .....

going to be interesting to see this unfold ....

This is just another avenue for them to collect data on their customers to reduce their risk portfolio and in return they'll throw a few points your way - This is not a new product they offering, with Disco the product is their members. 

Allowing you to earn points on strava contradicts their policy of not accepting workout data via 3rd party apps - So what is strava if its not a 3rd party app ? And if Strava is now acceptable then why not Zwift or TR or other training apps, which in my view are far more secure in terms of data integrity

I am so gatvol of Discovery offering all these little free trinkets to improve your health, improve your driving, improve your finances, and then still up your med aid premiums 9 or 10 % per year.

Give us a % kickback on our monthly premiums once we hit diamond .... Now ! there's real value.

Keep your free coffees and other BS

I am so gatvol of Discovery offering all these little free trinkets to improve your health, improve your driving, improve your finances, and then still up your med aid premiums 9 or 10 % per year.

Then leave?

For 2019 I received R 40,445.41 in cashbacks, boosts, vouchers, discounts, etc. That is enough reason for me to stay with them.