Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all. This info may perhaps be here somewhere in this thread, but I'll ask anyway.

Are dietitians covers under MSA? I'm on Classic Saver and have plenty funds. 

Provided that said dietician that you visit is registered and accredited with their relevant board and HCPSA, then yes, it can be claimed from your MSA.

The above info also goes for bio's, chiro's, physio's etc.

It all comes down to are they recognized as a healthcare worker and registered with the affiliated boards.

Morning all. This info may perhaps be here somewhere in this thread, but I'll ask anyway.

Are dietitians covers under MSA? I'm on Classic Saver and have plenty funds. 

yes some can be done through your savings. Just check with the dietitian.

Provided that said dietician that you visit is registered and accredited with their relevant board and HCPSA, then yes, it can be claimed from your MSA.

The above info also goes for bio's, chiro's, physio's etc.

It all comes down to are they recognized as a healthcare worker and registered with the affiliated boards.

Yes .....

BUT, at one point you needed a Dr's referal to a Bio for the medical aid to pay. ..... Either that, or the bio was just useless .... Really struggled to get the paperwork out of him for the medical aid to pay me back ..... for the follow up I made it CLEAR, this will only happen if HE submits the claim to the medical aid.  Once he got the message things went smoothly from there.  This was a few years back.

2016 I had multiple sessions with a dietitian, DH paid it all.

Last year I had a couple of sessions at a physio.  No referral letter, and DH paid.  In fact she sent the account directly.

The Dr then sent me to a Bio, with a referral letter.  She submitted all claims directly.  No issues, DH paid it all.

Saw an occupational therapist today.  They also submit directly to DH.

Then again, this is about the sum total of my medical claims since 2016.

And yes, all of these are subject to the sub limits of your plan and money in your savings account ....

My diamond vitality was a covid casualty.

Must say life is more peaceful  not having to worry about points and uploads. 

We were well on our way, and then with the actuarial wizardry, we missed it by 1500 points, due to them using last years health check for points, me not reading their emails, and because I now have an 18+ dependant, he also needs to earn points.

I was in much better shape with last years test, in comparison to the previous year, so assumin They still do extra points for better results, I could’ve met the goal.

anyhoo, I have other carrots to chase, and cant be arsed about this anymore. Tired of dancing to their ever changing tune.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Will this work, yes or no?

Zwift Cycling Account - Linked to Stava and Garmin - Garmin Linked to Vitality.....will I earn points towards weekly goals?

Will this work, yes or no?

Zwift Cycling Account - Linked to Stava and Garmin - Garmin Linked to Vitality.....will I earn points towards weekly goals?

Where is your HRM? That’s actually all they care about, as long as the HRM data is being sent with Garmin then you are golden.

Where is your HRM? That’s actually all they care about, as long as the HRM data is being sent with Garmin then you are golden.

Thanks! Yes I will be wearing a HRM ;-)

Thanks! Yes I will be wearing a HRM ;-)

I know someone who has already tested, Garmin chest strap I think it was, started a workout, got his HR up to 80% in like 2 min, took it off and sat down with a beer.

Apparently because it had no data, it assumed your HR never changed so you maintained the 80% avg for the 30 minutes that he let the workout run for, and got his 300.

I presume by now that’s been fixed.

I know someone who has already tested, Garmin chest strap I think it was, started a workout, got his HR up to 80% in like 2 min, took it off and sat down with a beer.

Apparently because it had no data, it assumed your HR never changed so you maintained the 80% avg for the 30 minutes that he let the workout run for, and got his 300.

I presume by now that’s been fixed.

No it hasn't , I still do it with the Samsung health app sometimes [emoji6]

No races = no calendar

Entries for W2W open on the 28th. Would have thought that it qualifies? Unless it's only going to be added once entries open.

No races = no calendar

Vitality = Discovery = international involvement in the fight against Covid ....

Reading the media, Discovery is "not impressed" with the slow vaccination program in SA, noting the severe third wave in various parts of the world .... (in fact most of these companies are singing the same tune in the media)

Wonder if they would be promoting mass participation events until the vaccination has rolled out ....