Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

No you dont, you can do it online through the website. 

Done! Thanks for the tip :)

Couldn't find any reason not to take the free watch and sell it to get what I actually want...

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done! Thanks for the tip :)

Couldn't find any reason not to take the free watch and sell it to get what I actually want...

Don't you need a discovery credit card to do this?

Can anyone confirm if you pay R410 pm for Family Vitality, does that include the R89 pm for Vitality Active?

Vitality Active is a 'cheaper' version of Vitality. All Vitality Active benefits are superceded by Vitality so theres no need to 'have both'

Yup, R6 000 worth of discounts.

So if you assume a qualifying 50%, That's R12 000 worth of spend

You do know that's not how it works right ?

6000 total for 12 months

4k for a device eg 50% off you pay 2k

There is a breakdown of the 6k and how it can be split up on devices or footwear or clothing

You do know that's not how it works right ?

6000 total for 12 months

4k for a device eg 50% off you pay 2k

There is a breakdown of the 6k and how it can be split up on devices or footwear or clothing

Perhaps we talking past each other.

Yes there is a spilt as you mentioned above, but you can generate discounts to the value of R6k in a year, max, however you split it.

Eg:

Device at R4k, minus 50% qualifying discount = R2k saving (then do this another 2 times in the same year = R6k max saving)

Should be in the app

Anyone else having trouble with the app today, keep on getting the 'could not retrieve information. Please try again later' message when going to Vitality on the app?

Anyone else having trouble with the app today, keep on getting the 'could not retrieve information. Please try again later' message when going to Vitality on the app?

Possible that they are still busy updating it on the app. Benefit only went live 2 days ago.

Yes there is a spilt as you mentioned above, but you can generate discounts to the value of R6k in a year, max, however you split it.

Eg:

Device at R4k, minus 50% qualifying discount = R2k saving (then do this another 2 times in the same year = R6k max saving)

They only allow you do use device discount once every 12 rolling month cycle . So in your example per say , one would only have 2k left in the 12 month window

Discovery is very sneaky with T&C ,. To maximise with them one really needs to make sure we understand usage policy correctly

Eg:

Further to the above, the R6k limit only applies to the fitness device, shoes and Nike gear benefits.

The standard up to 25% discount on healthy spend at sportsmans/TotalSports is (a) seperate from those limits and (b) unlimited through out the year(realistically speaking it would R500 discount each month so another R6k worth

They only allow you do use device discount once every 12 rolling month cycle . So in your example per say , one would only have 2k left in the 12 month window

Discovery is very sneaky with T&C ,. To maximise with them one really needs to make sure we understand usage policy correctly

No, unfortunately you are incorrect.

the allowance of only 'one device per 12 months' is the old Device Booster benefit. The new Vitality Active Gear benefit replaces that, it went live 2 days ago.

No, unfortunately you are incorrect.

the allowance of only 'one device per 12 months' is the old Device Booster benefit. The new Vitality Active Gear benefit replaces that, it went live 2 days ago.

Last line of the pic

50 % plus active Nike gear and device all come from same pot of 6k for the 12 months

Sportsmas total sports is 25 % off a month of 2k . Preferred the old discount from sportsman's since I use to get 45% off per month 865d8297327f514c7c99e0b170b225ca.jpg84b738a4bcd42f0122013dfb9637826b.jpg

Edited by Twaatie