Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

so just to confirm that I have succeeded in this regard by "being forced" to migrate to Discovery Bank and await another NEW Card, and as would be the case about availability -  :thumbdown:  :blink:  the IStore have taken my details as NO WATCHES ARE AVAILABLE due to a 2 - 4 week waiting list 

On the bright side, the struggle is over  :thumbup:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've resisted the urge to up my credit limit, which means I no longer qualify for the "potentially free" Watch and/or Phone. Every time I applied for the Watch, the limit was bumped up R5k. I refuse to fall into the trap of having a credit limit that cannot be paid in full within one month; I don't do budget payments. So much for their "Responsible Spend" thing they try promote on the Banking App.

I've resisted the urge to up my credit limit, which means I no longer qualify for the "potentially free" Watch and/or Phone. Every time I applied for the Watch, the limit was bumped up R5k. I refuse to fall into the trap of having a credit limit that cannot be paid in full within one month; I don't do budget payments. So much for their "Responsible Spend" thing they try promote on the Banking App.

I also struggle a lot with the bank rewards. Vitality? Yup, get healthy, makes sense. Insurance? Yup, drive better makes sense. Bank? Spend more, huh!?

Which one are you wanting to get?

The Apple Watch Series 6 - Black S/B GPS

on the good side, they have stock today and I have been notified  :clap:

I also struggle a lot with the bank rewards. Vitality? Yup, get healthy, makes sense. Insurance? Yup, drive better makes sense. Bank? Spend more, huh!?

It’s all about promoting good, manageable debt, what’s a better and more manageable debt than an exorbitant credit card… /s

Personally I have very high limits, have not gone close to them and have only ever spent what I could afford, it was a rewards credit card, not a source of unlimited finances.

I was bleak to find out at Sportsmans Warehouse today that the Garmin Electrode Strap does not qualify for the 25% discount  :thumbdown:  

I was bleak to find out at Sportsmans Warehouse today that the Garmin Electrode Strap does not qualify for the 25% discount :thumbdown:

That actually makes perfect sense to me, I’d never have expected that to fall into discounted stuffs

Exactly the same reason I have frowned on this deal. We have a min credit CC with them, but they want you to have a R15000 credit limit. No thanks. I feel the same as you, you have a limit you can cover in one month.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:19 AM, Reme Le Hane said:

That actually makes perfect sense to me, I’d never have expected that to fall into discounted stuffs

Everything fitness related gets the discount, incl. a shirt, a golf ball, a dumbbell bar end, a karate belt. How is the chest strap for an HR monitor not fitness related?

Edited by Christofison
spelling

Everything fitness related gets the discount, incl. a shirt, a golf ball, a dumbbell bar end, a karate belt. How is the check strap for an HR monitor not fitness related?

The only reason I can think of right now is that as a 'product' it is seen (not only by Vitality but also by product supplier and retailer) as an 'accessory' to device.

Do we still get -25% at SWH - is the activegear benefit not replaced by this new thing where you can only buy Nike apparal, devices, etc.?

Do we still get -25% at SWH - is the activegear benefit not replaced by this new thing where you can only buy Nike apparal, devices, etc.?

Yes, you can.

The previous shoe/device/bike boosters are replaced by the new program.

You no longer have to do the fitness assessment to get up to 25% discount. Now the online and clinic health assessments get you there.

• 2 weeks later...

Did I read correctly or can someone say if this is true....

When reaching your goals on Vitality Rewards, you get Netflix for free?

Did I read correctly or can someone say if this is true....

When reaching your goals on Vitality Rewards, you get Netflix for free?

'for free' is actually R15 (150 miles) - once a month (we'll see if it's available again next month at that price)

Thanks to a few family members, my Netflix is now paid for until next year Feb...