Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Ha! It was more of a case of my existing bookmarks / shortcuts not working anymore, so meh. Move on. :)

Synopsis: Joined a corporate. Turned out to be professional suicide. Left. Joined a completely different setup. Turned into the best thing ever. Everything's on me. Fell in love with an old hobby again, may have found a chic that gels with my brand of crazy, and things are... excellent. Still a ways to go to get to where I wanna be, but it's full flippin steam ahead. In my own time, by my own rules. 

Anyway. Totally OT, but @Uni if you need some help, holla. myles@mm-fs.com 

Last off topic detraction from me...

Im well stoked to hear that, I hope things just keep getting better for you. Corporates are soul destroying, Im still working for one and I know all about it!

5 hours ago, love2fly said:

Hi is it possible to use a Bryton GPS for Discovery Vitality? I see it's not listed....

Unfortunately not, unless one of the other guys has found a workaround that still exists?

21 minutes ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Unfortunately not, unless one of the other guys has found a workaround that still exists?

Where you used the words "still exists" - I used to manually import my .fit files onto my Garmin connect profile, from another device and I was always credited with the points. Because I legitimately do the exercise.... But this seems to have stopped working some time in March, and Discovery pleads ignorance at what I am querying. I assume that they can now identify that the .fit file comes from a different brand device?

I refuse to buy another Garmin, my experience with all interactions with them has been beyond poor and the devices just don't perform well when compared to what I'm using now anyway. Won't be bullied into using a piece of junk. 

They can't tell that I actually use a different HR strap and not a Garmin (because, surprise, so many of those have failed that I refused to replace it with a Garmin strap and bought something more reliable that still sends the same data to the Garmin) but they won't allocate the points to bully us into buying their partner device. 

I haven't trawled through all 629 pages of this thread, but wonder if anyone from Vitality has ever had a read here and cares how frustrated they make people? I really do think that if you "engage" well with their platforms, you can get a lot out of it - and I have really earned an enormous amount of points and spent many miles on things that were huge luxury items for me that I wouldn't have funded entirely from my own cash as I saw them as indulgences. But sometimes they really look like they want to spite people. 

1 hour ago, Sydd said:

Where you used the words "still exists" - I used to manually import my .fit files onto my Garmin connect profile, from another device and I was always credited with the points. Because I legitimately do the exercise.... But this seems to have stopped working some time in March, and Discovery pleads ignorance at what I am querying. I assume that they can now identify that the .fit file comes from a different brand device?

I refuse to buy another Garmin, my experience with all interactions with them has been beyond poor and the devices just don't perform well when compared to what I'm using now anyway. Won't be bullied into using a piece of junk. 

They can't tell that I actually use a different HR strap and not a Garmin (because, surprise, so many of those have failed that I refused to replace it with a Garmin strap and bought something more reliable that still sends the same data to the Garmin) but they won't allocate the points to bully us into buying their partner device. 

I haven't trawled through all 629 pages of this thread, but wonder if anyone from Vitality has ever had a read here and cares how frustrated they make people? I really do think that if you "engage" well with their platforms, you can get a lot out of it - and I have really earned an enormous amount of points and spent many miles on things that were huge luxury items for me that I wouldn't have funded entirely from my own cash as I saw them as indulgences. But sometimes they really look like they want to spite people. 

Thanks. Don't want to spend the Vitality money and then find out that I can't get it to work....Agree with you re Garmin. I'm very happy with my Bryton and it has amazing battery life. When my crappy Bryton HR strap failed I bought the Wahoo, very happy with that. I think I am better off taking it up with Discovery, although I came across a FB post back in 2018 where they replied with a "keep watching this space we are always etc etc..." They tend to be like Garmon, a 20 ton gorilla that doesn't much change too easily.

20 hours ago, Sydd said:

Correct, they don't recognise workouts that don't originate from a garmin device. It sucks, that's for sure, but that's the ecosystem they're building for themselves. Garmin & Apple, those are the 2 big partnerships. 

2 hours ago, Zeffer said:

Wont it work to sync the Bryton to Strava  and then link Strava to Vitality?

Nope. Strava only allows you to get points for speed / distance, not HR. So you're limited to 100 points per exercise when tracked via Strava. 

56 minutes ago, love2fly said:

?

Maybe I should've said "Post removed, problem solved"

I asked for help with a Garmin watch Vitality connection issue ,but got it sorted out myself .

5 hours ago, Blokman said:

Maybe I should've said "Post removed, problem solved"

I asked for help with a Garmin watch Vitality connection issue ,but got it sorted out myself .

On 6/30/2021 at 2:15 PM, Blokman said:

Edit:Problem solved. 

?

• 2 weeks later...

anyone else having issues where Vitality Points are not reflecting for workouts completed over the last few days ?