Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Guys. Need some clarification from somebody who might have bought a device with Discovery Devices recently. 

I am finally up to 50%. Just want to know. Do I get 50% of the device up to a maximum discount of R4000 or rather 50% of a max amount of R4000? 

Basically if my device costs R7000, is my discount going to be R2000 or R3500? Website reads very confusing for me.

Just want to find out before I stand red faced in the shop.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Heina13 said:

Guys. Need some clarification from somebody who might have bought a device with Discovery Devices recently. 

I am finally up to 50%. Just want to know. Do I get 50% of the device up to a maximum discount of R4000 or rather 50% of a max amount of R4000? 

Basically if my device costs R7000, is my discount going to be R2000 or R3500? Website reads very confusing for me.

Just want to find out before I stand red faced in the shop.

You'll get a maximum of R2000 discount.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else experiencing issues with their gym visits?
Last week mine still showed 53/36 for the rolling year. Now it is suddenly showing 18/36.

On the Discovery app the ‘Gym tracker’ button is no more…

On 7/16/2021 at 6:58 AM, Dexter-morgan said:

a quick work around for all the FIT files, edit your files with fitfiletools, change the device to a Garmin device then upload to Garmin connect profile.

It doesn’t work for me when selecting the device registered to me, i.e. 735XT.

I use my Lezyne as the primary recording device, which is not registered as approved. That means I also have to record on my Garmin to get the workout to count. It doesn’t work when trying to change the device from Lezyne to Garmin.

20 hours ago, Frosty said:

It doesn’t work for me when selecting the device registered to me, i.e. 735XT.

I use my Lezyne as the primary recording device, which is not registered as approved. That means I also have to record on my Garmin to get the workout to count. It doesn’t work when trying to change the device from Lezyne to Garmin.

I have done this with a Zwift workout and it worked, maybe there is some format thing.

Okay ..... not Vitality

Rather a "Discovery" question.

We got both vaccinations, but no ways we can get Discovery to stop emailing and messaging us to get vaccinated ....

We have replied to their emails ....

I have tried the web-bot system ....

Spent 30 minutes on the phone with them .....

Still getting their messages ....

Any help or suggestions to get off their spam list ?

In fairness, also getting Old Mutual emails, grom a no-reply address.  At least this is about one message every three months.

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Okay ..... not Vitality

Rather a "Discovery" question.

We got both vaccinations, but no ways we can get Discovery to stop emailing and messaging us to get vaccinated ....

We have replied to their emails ....

I have tried the web-bot system ....

Spent 30 minutes on the phone with them .....

Still getting their messages ....

Any help or suggestions to get off their spam list ?

In fairness, also getting Old Mutual emails, grom a no-reply address.  At least this is about one message every three months.

Did you reply STOP?

#joking

Seriously, I just delete those kind of messages… less stress than trying to contact them them to stop.

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

Did you reply STOP?

#joking

Seriously, I just delete those kind of messages… less stress than trying to contact them them to stop.

99,9% that is what I do as well.

As I life insurance with both of these companies there is some merit in making sure they get their records updated ...... really should not be this difficult ....

Does anyone know if I will receive my "up to 50%" D-Miles back on Healthy Food from PnP, if I pay at the till using D-miles, instead of the bank card?

6 hours ago, Christofison said:

Does anyone know if I will receive my "up to 50%" D-Miles back on Healthy Food from PnP, if I pay at the till using D-miles, instead of the bank card?

Don't think so; you aren't "swipping/tapping" your card, i.e. a transaction on the card.

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Don't think so; you aren't "swipping/tapping" your card, i.e. a transaction on the card.

Damn ☹️ I was hoping it was somehow linked to my Smart Shopper card/profile.

Anybody else having issues with their gym tracker? My gym visit count dropped from 60 to 32 all of a sudden (with January all of a sudden showing zero visits where it previously had around 12). Only 1 of 13 August swipes have been recorded. (My workouts are all in excess of 30 min although there isn't any facility to swipe on exiting the gym so the 30 min workout duration shouldn't even come in to play)

13 minutes ago, Christofison said:

Damn ☹️ I was hoping it was somehow linked to my Smart Shopper card/profile.

It might be, I don't know. 
When our company had Shell fuel cards, I'd swipe my Vitality Drive card and would get the cash back for filling up at Shell. Now it's Engen and all loyalty cards (Clicks) don't get points when a Fleet card is used. 

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

It might be, I don't know. 
When our company had Shell fuel cards, I'd swipe my Vitality Drive card and would get the cash back for filling up at Shell. Now it's Engen and all loyalty cards (Clicks) don't get points when a Fleet card is used. 

On the old system I used to get 20% cash in my bank account after purchasing from Sportsmans Warehouse with Discovery Miles ????‍♂️

1 hour ago, Craai said:

Anybody else having issues with their gym tracker? My gym visit count dropped from 60 to 32 all of a sudden (with January all of a sudden showing zero visits where it previously had around 12). Only 1 of 13 August swipes have been recorded. (My workouts are all in excess of 30 min although there isn't any facility to swipe on exiting the gym so the 30 min workout duration shouldn't even come in to play)

Yes I'm also having issues with the Gym Tracker. Did call Vitality last week and they said that they are aware of the problem.
Today nothing seems to work on the Discover App.