Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Look I can still get 25% off the price but had it been part of their list of devices (which they can't give me) it would have been 55% off. May just get the H9 with the discount. Will still be better than any optical sensor. I have spent almost 3 weeks fighting them...

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Some advice please.

I use my HR monitor and my GARMIN 1030 to record all my cycling activities including the Vitality requirements.

I have an Apple Watch which I don't use for recording any activities but am going away for a week and need to keep my Vitality sweat payments up to pay for the watch.

My question is - how do I use the watch to upload activities to Vitality in place of my usual Garmin?

Much obliged and TIA

11 minutes ago, Rob K said:

Hi Guys,

Some advice please.

I use my HR monitor and my GARMIN 1030 to record all my cycling activities including the Vitality requirements.

I have an Apple Watch which I don't use for recording any activities but am going away for a week and need to keep my Vitality sweat payments up to pay for the watch.

My question is - how do I use the watch to upload activities to Vitality in place of my usual Garmin?

Much obliged and TIA

Via the Apple Health App.  Just make sure you record exercises and/or steps on the watch and that it is shared & synced between the Health App and the Discovery App.  The rest of the magic will happen automatic.

Edited by TheoG

10 minutes ago, Rob K said:

Hi Guys,

Some advice please.

Much obliged and TIA

On the Discovery App, go to Vitality, select Devices & Apps, link a device or app, then link the Apple Health app.

41 minutes ago, Rob K said:

Hi Guys,

Some advice please.

Much obliged and TIA

As long as you have internet connectivity, you can use your Garmin HR strap and 1030 in hand/pocket. Then sync through Garmin Connect.

if that’s too much of a schlep, then you can simply ensure your Apple search Watch is listed as a device in the Device & Apps section of Vitality.

4D1A335B-6CB4-4BA1-A362-C2F222DF4F3A.jpeg.ac56bf6ef73912b8466f1bd24b6a6718.jpeg

Once it shows here (below), you just need to “”sweat a bit”.

E1428963-158F-4C0A-A458-20F991A0D655.jpeg.5a38f15815a5ca4353b82c0ec5f04171.jpeg

Edited by Frosty

• 1 month later...

Hi all, sorry if this is a silly question but when getting rewarded for healthy shopping do you get penalized for unhealthy items in a basket.
So, should I keep the healthy and unhealthy foods separated and do 2 separate teller transactions? Would 1 slab of chocolate make an otherwise healthy basket null and void?

Also can savings on flights only be used when the main member is the traveler. In other words, you can not use your discount to book flights for a 3rd party family member?

24 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Hi all, sorry if this is a silly question but when getting rewarded for healthy shopping do you get penalized for unhealthy items in a basket.
So, should I keep the healthy and unhealthy foods separated and do 2 separate teller transactions? Would 1 slab of chocolate make an otherwise healthy basket null and void?

Also can savings on flights only be used when the main member is the traveler. In other words, you can not use your discount to book flights for a 3rd party family member?

seems like a game? i guess to win a the game, you'll need to play the game

35 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Yes we used to separate the healthy and unhealthy baskets and do 2 separate transactions and it worked - In fact the lady at the till said everyone paying with their Disco cards do it that way.

If the 3rd party member is not on your vitality then you cannot book air tickets for them - when you book through the system, only the names of the members can be selected. If you book under a member name for some one else they wont allow that person to board as they need to provide ID at the airport to prove they are the person on the ticket.

36 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Its only related to the points and not cash back rewards, from their site...

You earn 20 Vitality points for every HealthyFood item you buy, up to a maximum of 1 000 Vitality points every month. When you buy unhealthy items, you will lose 20 Vitality points for each item.

• The least amount of points you can earn is zero
  • You can never earn negative points in a month

For the flights, the other person has to be a dependent or spouse on your vitality membership. You could also book for just your spouse or dependent without the main member flying.

16 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

seems like a game? i guess to win a the game, you'll need to play the game

haha yeah it totally is

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Frosty said:

+ Double Miles discount day today

+ WAHOO15 coupon code for 15% off and Wahoo trainer at SWH (available until today only).

+ upfront 25% discount 

= zero cash outlay on a Kickr Core.

Thanks for the coupon - where did you get that from?

+ upfront 25% discount - is this still maxed out at R4000 or has it changed?

3 minutes ago, alleyne said:

Thanks for the coupon - where did you get that from?

+ upfront 25% discount - is this still maxed out at R4000 or has it changed?

25% of a R2000 max limit (per person per month) = R500

Vitality sent out the coupon code; also on their social media accounts. Has been valid for more than a week. I saved it for today, so I could get the 40% discount on the miles.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Team Vitality email a few days ago with discount codes for the the run and cycle kit. Have been struggling for 3 days to place the order.  The run kid is ordered from Sportmanswharehouse.  I can't get past the page where you enter your log in detail and address.  It keep asking me to re-enter the address. I phoned Sportsmans and they said they are aware of problems with their website. Apparently black Friday is the cause.  I seriously doubt it.  Not for 3 days.

The cycle kit is ordered via Cycle lab.  I get a 404 error (page not found) when i use the link in the Vitality email.  I then go directly to cycle lab's website  and select the jersey.  When I get to check out and redeem the voucher code I get an "expired code" error. Phoned Vitality and they gave me a new code.  Still get the same error.  Don't think the problem is with the code.  

Anybody else experiencing the similar problems or have been successful in ordering your kit.  Just need to make sure the problem is not on my side before I start complaining.