Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

7 minutes ago, shaper said:

Why did you need to log the TT separately? 

I also run to power (STRYD) and can extrapolate the TT information as required from the STRYD app/Power Centre (even if you are using one of the others, garmin/polar/coros, you can do this). 

And if you are using Stryd and auto-cp then it will update automatically for a power figure for future race analysis, if there was a change in CP. Else you can use CP information manually once extrapolated, if not using auto-cp.

You could have run the 40mins as one without separating.  Even if the workout was not a structured workout, you could have used the watch lap function to exactly log the start and finish of the 5km TT.

I believe you are coached, in which case the TT info can also be looked at in isolation by your coach using software like WKO5 (paid) or even Golden Cheetah if not using a paid version.

So there is no reason to do separate warm-up, cool down from the TT.

I coach many athletes both runners and triathletes and I am also a registered STRYD coach, so know how to extrapolate power figures whether doing a TT or a STRYD CP test protocol workout

You make your own problems with Discovery it seems and are easily sorted.

I'm sure you got your Stryd from Niel - Dinamic Coaching right?

That's us

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Andymann said:

I'm sure you got your Stryd from Niel - Dinamic Coaching right?

That's us

Nope, but I know of Neil

I have been using STRYD since 2018, first non-wind, then wind, now next gen. 

Currently sponsored by Stryd/Adidas and others in a research program looking at the runners high as highlighted below which was the original brief.

"With the ambitious goal to decode the elusive phenomenon of the #RunnersHigh, adidas is searching for 100 tech affine runners to become equipped with @strydrunning, @whoop, and @supersapiensinc for 1 full year.

By measuring the physical demands on sports gear with leading wearable tech companies in the real world, you can join a one-of-a-kind #sciencegoeswild research environment to decode the #RunnersHigh."

So I know a lot of other info about Stryd that many do not.  

And as to your other answer, if you are running with Stryd, then it makes no sense to log as a bike workout.  All watches can record power whether natively using the Stryd watch app or adding Stryd Zones to one of the running data screens, as well as give haptic alerts.

I know a guy that logged some high speed train trips, in China, using his Apple Watch. 100 points for “speed data only” workouts, which I think needs to be >18km/h for 30+ minutes. The other three workouts are genuine activities, so if it ever gets questions, it’s above board. Just saying that the speed data only is a farce.

image.png.ee0a74a0aa0feb2807a72f2439ea338e.png

Tuesday afternoon’s “e-bike ride”.
image.png.40ec6e7a8142d7a7406ef3d35c498357.png

And yes, I believe it’s been deleted from Strava. 😂😂

2 hours ago, madmarc said:

So once again you will only get the 1.0% if you hand over your soul to them - Another add on to their Scam

Jip ....

And it may need a much closer look at this alternate interest rate it will be based on .... certainly not a straight comparison.

What is interesting is that it is ultimately a Standardbank bond ....