Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I would prefer it if they paid more out to the medical practitioners than re imbursing you for a race entries..

Core business people, core business...

That would be discovery health, not vitality. And there probably waiting for the revised NHRPL guidelines to be published (whenever that is)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends. Up until 2 years ago we rolled over ALL our MSA on an annual basis. Then baby.

Now that he's a bit older we're in the same position. And I'll probably take advantage of that, seeing as the money in there isn't interest bearing.

Admittedly not for everyone to use, as it won't accrue to your above threshold benefit (if you're on a plan with ATB) and it'll take away from stuff thay you MAY need cover for. But. It'll work for some

I recall on my last Discovery Tax certificate it reflected interest from savings rolled over !

Just double check your tax certificate.

Discovery Health is taking over (read taking control back of) Vitality.

Vitality used to be owned by BodyiQ, which was sold several times over in the years, and eventually bought out by Virgin (active) last year.

It appears that Discovery is not happy with the service and is in the process of doing their own thing...

You can expect LOTS of new stuff in 2015

If an outdoor sporting event is not recorded in our list, you can email the details of the event to vitalityinfo@discovery.co.za. Please include the following details:

• Name of event
  • Date of event
  • Type of event
  • Distance
  • Your official finishing time
  • Your race number

We are worried about the discount not the fitness points

I put my "race organiser" hat on, sent them an email (from the club's email address) querying the criteria they use to select an event and how I can request an event be added to their list.

The reply was: 

Thanks for the suggestion to have your Outdoor Sporting Events listed under the Team Vitality events calendar.

We will provide you with an update via out newsletters and on our website, should these events qualify to be listed in the Team Vitality calendar, and with more information on Team Vitality.

Then in small print: The email address on our records (my private email address) is different from the email address you used to contact us... blah blah blah.

1. I know it's early days, and the benefit only kicks in from February 2015, but... okay nevermind;
  2. I will check back again in a few weeks time;
  3. If I get the same message in a few weeks, then I need to revert to point 2.

This is Awesome news.  Checked the list posted earlier and all triathlons organised by the guys from IM is on there.  Thats atleast R5000 back in 4 races.  That's not even looking at cycle and running races...

Yup, if you do the racing calendar in Gauteng alone, you will be saving a lot of money!

Will definitely be joining this next year

Yup, if you do the racing calendar in Gauteng alone, you will be saving a lot of money!

Will definitely be joining this next year

Not if you have to fly up each weekend ;)

I recall on my last Discovery Tax certificate it reflected interest from savings rolled over !

Just double check your tax certificate.

Huh. I'll have a look into that.

According to my statement, if I take the interest paid for the year over the available savings at the start of the year, then it's 5.9%.