Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they want you to pay them to potentially save money on events....

Actuary: A clever way to remove money from your account, by thinking you are benefitting.....

they want you to pay them to potentially save money on events....

Actuary: A clever way to remove money from your account, by thinking you are benefitting.....

It is the exact same thing for all vitality products, if you dont use it, you lose out. But if you do you gain.

Same with gym with the blue silver gold and diamond status, all the blues pay for diamond.

Very clever actuarily devised marketing.

Yeah. Chances are that the majority of those who take it up will it utilise the benefit. You also have to consider that the contribution pays your CSA and running club fees for you as well, so the actual cost is more along the lines of 300 per year. When you factor in the cost of clothing etc, then it'd probably be a net zero or even a loss.

It's essentially aimed at getting more people to compete or take part in these sorts of things. Actuarially speaking, the more active you are, the less of a health risk you are to them. There are outliers, of course, but by taking part you're essentially saving THEM money in the long run. Plus people feel as if they're getting a tangible benefit from Vitality, so they're less likely to lapse their policies which again saves them money (quite a bit of it in fact)

Yeah. Chances are that the majority of those who take it up will it utilise the benefit. You also have to consider that the contribution pays your CSA and running club fees for you as well, so the actual cost is more along the lines of 300 per year. When you factor in the cost of clothing etc, then it'd probably be a net zero or even a loss.

It's essentially aimed at getting more people to compete or take part in these sorts of things. Actuarially speaking, the more active you are, the less of a health risk you are to them. There are outliers, of course, but by taking part you're essentially saving THEM money in the long run. Plus people feel as if they're getting a tangible benefit from Vitality, so they're less likely to lapse their policies which again saves them money (quite a bit of it in fact)

in the long run, you make THEM lots more money, cause they will add to your premiums when you dont enter races rides any more. Well thats what the cynic in me says, cause aint no way this company is giving anything for free, short, medium, or long term.

And they also get a stack full of cash up front when everybody joins for the year ahead that they can utilise to make them more money

So do you need to be part of discovery before you can actually join this?

Anyone have a list of the races? - I cannot see clearly on that list by Mr Arms, even when zooming in. 

So do you need to be part of discovery before you can actually join this?

Anyone have a list of the races? - I cannot see clearly on that list by Mr Arms, even when zooming in.

Yep. With vitality. So either a life policy w vitality or med aid w vitality.

Yep. With vitality. So either a life policy w vitality or med aid w vitality.

Ah ok, then scratch that idea.

Thanks

Edited by Gandalf

So if a Enter a race I get 50% back, but they take it from my MSA which gets finished in 3 months from medical expense so basically they just take more money from me????

So if a Enter a race I get 50% back, but they take it from my MSA which gets finished in 3 months from medical expense so basically they just take more money from me????

Nope. They give it back to you. Nothing to do with the health side, except that you can only have vitality if you're on discovery life ir health.

Nope. They give it back to you. Nothing to do with the health side, except that you can only have vitality if you're on discovery life ir health.

So its does not come out of my savings? So then where is the catch? Do they pay CSA for my licence fees in their R600 startup fee?