Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So in catching up on all this "stuff".

As of mid Jan it will no longer be points, but discovery miles ?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So in catching up on all this "stuff".

As of mid Jan it will no longer be points, but discovery miles ?

Yes, should start from next week wednesday. Now we just wait to see what the value of the discovery miles are going to be

Yes, should start from next week wednesday. Now we just wait to see what the value of the discovery miles are going to be

Is on the app if you log in. From 11 January reward points will be exchanged at a rate of 1 Vitality reward = 6 Discovery miles which remain valid for 5 years.

Is on the app if you log in. From 11 January reward points will be exchanged at a rate of 1 Vitality reward = 6 Discovery miles which remain valid for 5 years.

How much is a discovery mile worth again?

How much is a discovery mile worth again?

Think is 10 Disco miles = R1, I stand to be corrected.  The note on the app that gives this info advises you to spend your rewards before the exchange.  If you don't you will be loosing with the exchange from vitality rewards to disco miles

Think is 10 Disco miles = R1, I stand to be corrected.  The note on the app that gives this info advises you to spend your rewards before the exchange.  If you don't you will be loosing with the exchange from vitality rewards to disco miles

Correct, as the exchange rate is 6 Discovery Miles for 1 Reward, you will definitely lose out  

So back to the start we go with the new info at hand.

Is it worth jumping through all these hoops to go up a "tier" to get more miles ?

Correct, as the exchange rate is 6 Discovery Miles for 1 Reward, you will definitely lose out  

Okay so I popped into my Discovery Bank app quickly.

At the moment, for a 100 Points, you can get a R100 voucher at selected shops. Now Disco will convert your 100 Points into 600 Miles, which can then be redeemed for cash at m600:R50, or used in-store at m600:R60. So whatever we've earned is now pretty much worth half.

Sad. Best you cash in on some R100 vouchers whilst you have the chance.

OfiO1NJ.png

qGJ5BzD.png

Edited by bertusras

Ok, so convert those bad boys to vouchers today. 

Thank you!

Question: Do all your dependents Vitality rewards on the new system from next week go into the main member allocated Discovery Account?

Edited by slickjay007

Already converted mine, have R55 left and cannot decide if will use for a smoothie or 2 coffees

Ok, so convert those bad boys to vouchers today. 

Thank you!

converted the few points I had yesterday.

If I dont do disco banking, how usefull are these disco miles to me ?

converted the few points I had yesterday.

If I dont do disco banking, how usefull are these disco miles to me ?

I don't bank with them or have a credit card so I wonder how this will work!

I don't bank with them or have a credit card so I wonder how this will work!

I think you will generate a QR code with your app and then make the purchases,