Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The flaw still lies in their innate lack of understanding of activity and fitness/health and geospatial technology.

I do not think that a guy that runs 100 milers uses Discovery as a motivation and also does not struggle to achieve the weekly/yearly maximum goals. So even if they give him more points, what is it exactly that he will achieve?

yeah also the one activity a day thing doesnt gel well with me.

John A does a 2 hour ride on sunday and gets 300 points

John B does a 2 hour ride on sunday, then comes home and goes for a 5km run followed by a swim, but in Disco's eyes he has done the same training as John A so only gets the highest points of the 3, so probably the 300 points.

I do not think that they believe that, i think it is based on something that says you will be healthier if you do at least 30min of exercise 3 times a week. JohnB is a fitter guy but that does not make him healthier than JohnA. its the old thing that just because you are thin does not mean you are healthy or fit, or just beacuse you are fit does not mean you are healthy or thin, etc.  Ideally you want to be all three. i would think that this is just to give people the incentive to get off their bum and at least do something.

Minimum of 50 miles, max of 100 per play + 100 instant miles for each goal achieved per week. Not quite the same value as before, but still a nice added bonus on top of all the other benefits I receive for living my life like I would normally live it anyway.

My Game board minimum was 55 and a maximum of 150

R300 odd bucks a month?

Jip, For that I go To Virgin Active Free for Life.

Also get money back from Woolworths, Sportmans and Dischem , which more than covers the R300.

Then there is some of these rewards things that is maybe not that much , but the first few makes it worthwhile.

So for our family of 3 we need to recover R4740 per year in order to make this worthwhile.

Apart from what Cheese indicated, I save more than that on flights alone as they are heavily discounted if you are on gold (30%) and diamond (35%).  And if with Disco money you get further discount on local flights

So pretty easy to recover more than outlay if you play the system and work it.

Apart from what Cheese indicated, I save more than that on flights alone as they are heavily discounted if you are on gold (30%) and diamond (35%).  And if with Disco money you get further discount on local flights

So pretty easy to recover more than outlay if you play the system and work it.

even on bronze you get 20% on flights.

booked the families flights to Cape Town for the august with this discount.

edit: and the fact that the company pays some of the vitality premium makes it that little bit better.

I guess i could make a few changes to the way i do things and get more back from them.

Edited by ouzo

I did not see my 100 DM bonus for achieving my goal last week, I did however play the board. I thought the numbers on the board were all the same it would just differ from person to person as to where the highest number will be placed.

I did not see my 100 DM bonus for achieving my goal last week, I did however play the board. I thought the numbers on the board were all the same it would just differ from person to person as to where the highest number will be placed.

Nope. Again, random. Sometimes you'll see max 100, sometimes 300. Just like the old ones, where not every board had a diamond or a flight or a holiday etc. 

So for our family of 3 we need to recover R4740 per year in order to make this worthwhile.

I just booked flights to Europe for my wife and I and saved roughly R4.5k on the price thanks to being Silver on Vitality (I had a broken shoulder and wife had numerous post cancer surgeries so our ability to get achieve higher on vitality was slightly limited otherwise would've been on a higher tier and saved more)

If nothing else that justifies a whole year of paying for Vitality for me.

So, we cannot use the kids anymore to contribute some points through park run, gym visits, etc.

Me and the Mrs will definitely not reach diamond status on our own.

It was a good run, but again disappointed with the sneaky changes put through and reduction in the rewards, especially as we do not do banking and insurance though discovery.  My highest tile was a whopping 95.

Anyway, won't bitch too much

How does FNB compare with their rewards program?

Have they also made changes, over the years, that reduced in perceived value?

One thing I know is that the more you invest with them, i.e. home loan, car finance, investment, etc., the higher the tier and the better the rewards. So the people complaining about not having inside and banking would be similar to FNB clients that don’t have all the options.