Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

No activity also pulled through from Friday. Today however i cant log in to discovery, use discovery miles or anything

the backend supporting the app has become pretty unreliable of late. It used to be sporadically terrible, and now it's only working sporadically.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frosty, thats what i also thought, but then i read that IF you have a discovery credit card you can still get it, but maybe i mis read.

Frosty, thats what i also thought, but then i read that IF you have a discovery credit card you can still get it, but maybe i mis read.

The Apple Watch is available on Active Rewards but I’m not aware of the phone.

the backend supporting the app has become pretty unreliable of late. It used to be sporadically terrible, and now it's only working sporadically.

I see they are blaming the slow internet connection on the delay for points:

b8c1a73feac6a3e2fa9c86c3fff35173.jpg

Strange that my workouts have gone through but not my wife’s workouts. We both use the same ISP. I have workouts from 15/01, 17/01 (steps only) and 18/01 showing while the wife has nothing from the same three days.

I’m not aware that one can get an iPhone with Active Rewards, or am I missing something?

AFAIK, the iPhone benefit is with Discovery Bank.

Yep, and fuelled by active rewards, card spend and your drive / spend / VAR goals.

Does anyone have more info on the Discovery Credit card through FNB (the old cards)?

I still have one of these cards which is only set to expire in 2022, but I have heard some people say that Discovery is cancelling these cards at the end of March and the cards will then basically become FNB credit cards. The alternative is to join Discovery back to keep using the facility.

Anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone have more info on the Discovery Credit card through FNB (the old cards)?

I still have one of these cards which is only set to expire in 2022, but I have heard some people say that Discovery is cancelling these cards at the end of March and the cards will then basically become FNB credit cards. The alternative is to join Discovery back to keep using the facility.

Anyone have any ideas?

They won’t cancel them and convert. Discovery paid FNB almost R2b for the credit card book. They’re not just going to give it back having paid for it!

Anyone have any ideas?

How have you not been moved over to Discovery Bank yet???

What are the differences or advantages of moving over to discovery bank if i have just a platinum credit card. Is the bank fees the same, do i now need to spend a certain min spend?

How have you not been moved over to Discovery Bank yet???

No idea - my card was even renewed in September and they just gave me a new one with no mention of changing to Discovery Bank.

What are the differences or advantages of moving over to discovery bank if i have just a platinum credit card. Is the bank fees the same, do i now need to spend a certain min spend?

After doing some checks, it appears that it will actually be more expensive to move across. I'm also not sure what "added" benefits you get.

Would be interested in the answer as I am contemplating either going Full FNB or Discovery bank when my Discovery credit card expires in month or two.

On the Discovery sight I do not see that it was removed.

I can NOT comment on Discovery bank.

As for going "full FNB" .... I moved my business banking to FNB about 8 years ago, VERY happy !!  About 2 years ago we were offered a good interest rate on a new bond if we moved our private banking to FNB.  Given my experiences with the business banking side it was a no brainer, and we made the move .... by the end of 2018 FNB embarked on a big drive away from physical banks to call centres.  Our local big branch closed, and a small shop opened at the local centre ... where you get pointed to a phone to call the call centre.  As long as things work it is not an issue, but near impossible to resolve any issues !!  :cursing:   :cursing:

Given my experiences of 2019 with FNB I cant recommend anybody move to FNB.  

Thanx Shaper, looked on my account, for my normal discovery platinum credit card they charge me R100 per month, so looking at the new discovery bank options either gold or platinum would do i think..

I can NOT comment on Discovery bank.

As for going "full FNB" .... I moved my business banking to FNB about 8 years ago, VERY happy !!  About 2 years ago we were offered a good interest rate on a new bond if we moved our private banking to FNB.  Given my experiences with the business banking side it was a no brainer, and we made the move .... by the end of 2018 FNB embarked on a big drive away from physical banks to call centres.  Our local big branch closed, and a small shop opened at the local centre ... where you get pointed to a phone to call the call centre.  As long as things work it is not an issue, but near impossible to resolve any issues !!  :cursing:   :cursing:

Given my experiences of 2019 with FNB I cant recommend anybody move to FNB.  

I couldn't agree with you more. Trying to resolve an issue for business banking via the call centre is possibly the worst thing I have to do as part of my job. I will put it off for as long as I can because I know that I'm just going to get kicked around from extension to extension with no real help or resolution. 40min on the phone later someone will tell me they can't help.... its been escalated.

Don't get me started on the fact that when you first call the number listed as "Business Banking support" you land up speaking to someone about Personal Sales. Mental.