Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Do I get it even though I am not a member of the Vitality programme? Last paid my Vitality premium in 2018...

You didn't say you not a vitality member in the original post, so i just assumed you on vitality.

In that case its incorrect then

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on vitality for more than a year now... Yet last night my Discovery app popped up that I had earned 100 Discovery miles for reaching my weekly goal.  :huh:

Their systems a truly confused.

You didn't say you not a vitality member in the original post, so i just assumed you on vitality.

In that case its incorrect then

Sorry, could have worded that sentence better.

finally all my points etc are sorted out and up to date. Got my instant 100 miles for achieving last weeks goal but didn't get a play on the gameboard. Oh well 

I joined Vitality in Jan. I must say: I enjoy getting rewarded for my routine  :clap:. It's probably still like a new toy for me but I want to reach Diamond status before the end of March 

I joined Vitality in Jan. I must say: I enjoy getting rewarded for my routine  :clap:. It's probably still like a new toy for me but I want to reach Diamond status before the end of March 

I also joined end of last year...I dont carry the same enthusiasm unfortunately. 

Firstly, I was getting vitality points, but didnt have rewards activated...how the heck must one just know these things.

I go to rugby practice 3x week, do sprints for a hour long...only get rewarded for 10,000steps due to heart rate to variable doing sprints. 

Frosty, how you getting 4 plays?

Would be from meeting Health, drive and money points requirements. If all 3 are met, you get a bonus play

Ya that sucks! By linking a HR monitor to your Discovery app you'll get 300 points per rugby training session rather than the 50-150 points you get for the steps it measures

I have had a Vitality consultant come and see me to explain to me how one maximize the rewards - I will have 36250 points by the end of this week and I started on 0 on the 1st of Jan

I also joined end of last year...I dont carry the same enthusiasm unfortunately. 

Firstly, I was getting vitality points, but didnt have rewards activated...how the heck must one just know these things.

I go to rugby practice 3x week, do sprints for a hour long...only get rewarded for 10,000steps due to heart rate to variable doing sprints. 

Ya that sucks! By linking a HR monitor to your Discovery app you'll get 300 points per rugby training session rather than the 50-150 points you get for the steps it measures

I have had a Vitality consultant come and see me to explain to me how one maximize the rewards - I will have 36250 points by the end of this week and I started on 0 on the 1st of Jan

You missed the point where he implied he uses an HR monitor but his HR is too variable doing sprints.

As for the second part.... NICE... I'm only on 7000  :blink:

My bad sorry.

A health assessment at Dischem or Clicks gives you 22 500 points if everything is within range - 5 items: 

The Vitality Health Check is a simple and convenient set of essential health screening and preventive tests including: Blood pressure, Blood glucose, Cholesterol or Lipogram, Weight assessment or body mass index (BMI) and non-smoker's declaration.

then whilst you're there you can do the HIV test for another 7500 points. On top of that you can get 1500 points for doing the Vitality age thingy online  :clap:. So I'm not that impressive  :whistling:

You missed the point where he implied he uses an HR monitor but his HR is too variable doing sprints.

As for the second part.... NICE... I'm only on 7000  :blink:

My bad sorry.

A health assessment at Dischem or Clicks gives you 22 500 points if everything is within range - 5 items: The Vitality Health Check is a simple and convenient set of essential health screening and preventive tests including: Blood pressure, Blood glucose, Cholesterol or Lipogram, Weight assessment or body mass index (BMI) and non-smoker's declaration.

then whilst you're there you can do the HIV test for another 7500 points. On top of that you can get 1500 points for doing the Vitality age thingy online :clap:. So I'm not that impressive :whistling:

7500 points for hiv only for first, such as yourself(new member) . Anyone who has had the test before only get 1000/1500 pts now

My bad sorry.

A health assessment at Dischem or Clicks gives you 22 500 points if everything is within range - 5 items: 

The Vitality Health Check is a simple and convenient set of essential health screening and preventive tests including: Blood pressure, Blood glucose, Cholesterol or Lipogram, Weight assessment or body mass index (BMI) and non-smoker's declaration.

then whilst you're there you can do the HIV test for another 7500 points. On top of that you can get 1500 points for doing the Vitality age thingy online  :clap:. So I'm not that impressive  :whistling:

Ah yes, see I never see those lofty heights of points because I always have more than one thing out of range. They're coming to our offices in the first week of Feb so will get it done then.

I noticed the same. Earned a whopping R17.50 for last week's effort.

I'm guessing the R17.50 is your earnings for the week's effort, i.e. you only have one goal/play (100 for the goal and a 75 on the game board)? Only the Active Reward.

Mine should be R52.00

100 instant for Active

100 instant for Drive

100 instant for Bank

220 for the game board plays

520 / 10 = R52.00

I hope people aren't forgetting about the instant miles they get when achieving their goal.

Assume I get 11 plays per month and that I'm currently missing one Bank goal every 3-5 weeks, plus assume that I will average 60 miles per play (the week before I got 685 on the game board, so I'll go with the lower figure to make my point). That's (10*60)+(4*100 + 4*100 + 3*100) = 1700 miles per month. 12 months would equal 20400 for the year, or R2040.00, "if used online", for my weekly goal efforts.

I got R2000 in Cape Union Mart vouchers in 2019, for accumulating 500 points at a time from the game board. I have a sneaky suspicion that one R500 was from getting 3 diamonds, so I'll go for R1500 from the various plays, which means the current system and the old one are closely aligned - I did convert a few R250 vouchers, but wasn't 100% sure if that was in 2018. What skews the new system to appear "less valuable" is the 4 diamond win that got me a new pair of Oakleys, over and above the other time I got the 2 diamonds.