Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I'm guessing the R17.50 is your earnings for the week's effort, i.e. you only have one goal/play (100 for the goal and a 75 on the game board)? Only the Active Reward.

Mine should be R52.00

100 instant for Active

100 instant for Drive

100 instant for Bank

220 for the game board plays

520 / 10 = R52.00

I hope people aren't forgetting about the instant miles they get when achieving their goal.

Assume I get 11 plays per month and that I'm currently missing one Bank goal every 3-5 weeks, plus assume that I will average 60 miles per play (the week before I got 685 on the game board, so I'll go with the lower figure to make my point). That's (10*60)+(4*100 + 4*100 + 3*100) = 1700 miles per month. 12 months would equal 20400 for the year, or R2040.00, "if used online", for my weekly goal efforts.

I got R2000 in Cape Union Mart vouchers in 2019, for accumulating 500 points at a time from the game board. I have a sneaky suspicion that one R500 was from getting 3 diamonds, so I'll go for R1500 from the various plays, which means the current system and the old one are closely aligned - I did convert a few R250 vouchers, but wasn't 100% sure if that was in 2018. What skews the new system to appear "less valuable" is the 4 diamond win that got me a new pair of Oakleys, over and above the other time I got the 2 diamonds.

Use easy pay app for rates . If you break it up into R50 payments thats 1 point to the weekly 20 Edited by Twaatie

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still showing on the site that there is a problem with gym visits and points not pulling through. Not sure how much longer it will go on, but I have now got a missed goal for last week, where I should be 100 points over.

Seems to have been resolved. Got my points for last week, and got my 100 instant miles. But no plays. Probably will have the extra play next week.

I'm guessing the R17.50 is your earnings for the week's effort, i.e. you only have one goal/play (100 for the goal and a 75 on the game board)? Only the Active Reward.

Mine should be R52.00

100 instant for Active

100 instant for Drive

100 instant for Bank

220 for the game board plays

520 / 10 = R52.00

I hope people aren't forgetting about the instant miles they get when achieving their goal.

Assume I get 11 plays per month and that I'm currently missing one Bank goal every 3-5 weeks, plus assume that I will average 60 miles per play (the week before I got 685 on the game board, so I'll go with the lower figure to make my point). That's (10*60)+(4*100 + 4*100 + 3*100) = 1700 miles per month. 12 months would equal 20400 for the year, or R2040.00, "if used online", for my weekly goal efforts.

I got R2000 in Cape Union Mart vouchers in 2019, for accumulating 500 points at a time from the game board. I have a sneaky suspicion that one R500 was from getting 3 diamonds, so I'll go for R1500 from the various plays, which means the current system and the old one are closely aligned - I did convert a few R250 vouchers, but wasn't 100% sure if that was in 2018. What skews the new system to appear "less valuable" is the 4 diamond win that got me a new pair of Oakleys, over and above the other time I got the 2 diamonds.

With only being on the Health Active Rewards, I used to get on average R30-40 worth of vouchers per week, which meant I could add R100 to my Sportsmans Warehouse gift card every 3 weeks. Now only earning on average R17.50 per week, I can only get a R100 voucher every 5 or 6 weeks. So in one year of VAR, I am only earning R900 instead of R1800 that I earned previously.

Did anyone else not get their bonus play today? (Stunning return this morning)

Same, but its a system error again for lots of people.

Same, but its a system error again for lots of people.

Geeeees, It seems to Discovery IT systems are going for a ball of doo-doo.

First, I can't collect my ASA race number as (according to them) I don't have the benefit enabled.

-This despite that I enabled the auto-renew and the fee was deducted from my account. Exact same story with another friend of mine

-Trying to join Team Vitality is a no-go as well; neither of the running options are enabled to be selected on the team selection screen ( I can however join the cycling team)

-Logging a query on their website also fails as I can't select a topic on the drop down as it never populates 

Geeeees, It seems to Discovery IT systems are going for a ball of doo-doo.

First, I can't collect my ASA race number as (according to them) I don't have the benefit enabled.

-This despite that I enabled the auto-renew and the fee was deducted from my account. Exact same story with another friend of mine

-Trying to join Team Vitality is a no-go as well; neither of the running options are enabled to be selected on the team selection screen ( I can however join the cycling team)

-Logging a query on their website also fails as I can't select a topic on the drop down as it never populates 

-Me, as a non-Vitality Member, again received a notification to congratulate me on earning 100 Disco Miles for being active. Daft!

pre-selected values prior to playing the board is by design, not an error. it's important to get this right people

Not board values. Chat was about not getting 4th bonus play

Did anyone else not get their bonus play today? (Stunning return this morning)

Sorry, can’t confirm. I didn’t get my money goal last week, so only got two plays this week.

So my Discover web interface is still broken AND they allocation of how many points we needs as well as who can earn points is still broken.

E.g. The total points required is for Main member + 2, but only main member + 1 can earn points. So at this rate the total number of points needed far outstrips the number of points on offer.

Has been like this since 1st Jan and they keep saying it will be rectified etc, etc.

Sorry, can’t confirm. I didn’t get my money goal last week, so only got two plays this week.

Don't you know when you do your R1000+ grocery shopping each week, you must pay every time the total goes over R50? And you put R50 petrol in twice a day, instead of R700 for the whole week.

Edited by Christofison

Don't you know when you do your R1000+ grocery shopping each week, you must pay every time the total goes over R50? And you put R50 petrol in twice a day, instead of R700 for the whole week.

Oy buy 20 R50 Takelot vouchers to buy something, its idiotic. They could just get 1 point for every R50 spent, but then i guess it would be far easier to get an extra play every week.

I'm sure it ahs been covered before but as I am newly back on Vitality, I need advice.

I get 300 points for a ride at >70% of max HR for an hour, but my typical morning road ride is 90 mins of which the first 25 or so minutes is level and downhill (Saxonwold, Rosebank, Dunkeld, down Bompas and Buckingham) before kicking up to take in Conrad, Norhcliff, Hill road, Wicklow and Jan Smuts. 

I end up with an ave HR of well over 70% for the last hour but because of the first 20-25 minutes, somewhere between 60 and 70 for the entire ride, giving me only 100 points.

Short of starting my watch at the bottom of Conrad or breaking the ride in two separate activities, how does one deal with the fact that a ride may consist of a warm-up, effort piece and then cool down ?

This may help,

I'm sure it ahs been covered before but as I am newly back on Vitality, I need advice.

I get 300 points for a ride at >70% of max HR for an hour, but my typical morning road ride is 90 mins of which the first 25 or so minutes is level and downhill (Saxonwold, Rosebank, Dunkeld, down Bompas and Buckingham) before kicking up to take in Conrad, Norhcliff, Hill road, Wicklow and Jan Smuts. 

I end up with an ave HR of well over 70% for the last hour but because of the first 20-25 minutes, somewhere between 60 and 70 for the entire ride, giving me only 100 points.

Short of starting my watch at the bottom of Conrad or breaking the ride in two separate activities, how does one deal with the fact that a ride may consist of a warm-up, effort piece and then cool down ?

post-51766-0-17463500-1580730162_thumb.jpg