Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this was covered in the Captains posts

"We are excited to let you know that as of 3 October 2020, Vitality Health and Vitality Drive members who are also qualifying Discovery Bank clients with Vitality Money can now earn even more Discovery Miles when getting active and driving well. You can earn up to 1 Discovery Mile for every 1 Vitality Health fitness or Vitality Drive point you earn weekly.

What this means is that you could earn over 60 000 Discovery Miles a year for getting active and driving well, weekly."

"We are excited to let you know that as of 3 October 2020, Vitality Health and Vitality Drive members who are also qualifying Discovery Bank clients with Vitality Money can now earn even more Discovery Miles when getting active and driving well. You can earn up to 1 Discovery Mile for every 1 Vitality Health fitness or Vitality Drive point you earn weekly.

What this means is that you could earn over 60 000 Discovery Miles a year for getting active and driving well, weekly."

but as with most of their rewards to get anything worthwhile you need to have the credit card.

I didn't cover that as I don't reckon it's a massive benefit for most people. 

Fair enough, but 52000 miles (or R5200 per year) for doing something I do anyway is not to be sneezed at (especially in COVID times :))

Ja, I agree. It's just that not many people would get that full benefit out, and the cost implications of getting to the level that you'd be able to enjoy those rewards, if you're not a qualifying member already, are potentially quite high. 

I have the card and everything else..., so this looks good. some extra miles for not changing anything, cant complain with that.

I'm hoping this is bad wording... but will the new Active Gear only allow for Nike shoes (or sportswear)? Hoping this was merely indicating the inclusion of Nike stores and that SWH/TotalSports simply got hooked into the sentence. 

I'm hoping this is bad wording... but will the new Active Gear only allow for Nike shoes (or sportswear)? Hoping this was merely indicating the inclusion of Nike stores and that SWH/TotalSports simply got hooked into the sentence. 

No, you're reading it incorrectly / it's bad wording. Nike concept stores now in the pot, too. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Read that letter they sent today and you'll see what I mean by bad wording!  :rolleyes: Appreciate the confirmation, though! 

Here it is...(and the bold is as they had it!)

Benefit updates for 2021

1. Introducing Vitality Active Gear 

Next year you will be able to save up to 75% on Nike shoes or sportswear at Nike stores, Sportsmans Warehouse and Totalsports. You will also earn an upfront discount of up to 75% on fitness devices at Sportsmans Warehouse and Totalsports. Plus you will now save up to 25% upfronton sports gear and equipment at both Sportsmans Warehouse and Totalsports. The Vitality Active Gear benefit will replace HealthyGear, Shoe Booster and Device Booster from quarter 1 next year. Bike Booster will no longer be available when Vitality Active Gear is introduced. All current active booster benefits will continue as normal until the full term of your booster has ended; 1 year for Shoe Booster, 2 years for Device Booster and 3 years for Bike Booster from activation date.

Edited by SeaBee