Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I made Diamond on the last day of 2020, only got it my 40 points. 

My wife iWatch had not been uploading her runs for 5 months, even though it reflects on health etc

I need to still sort out my petrol cards 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was my 3rd year on gold. Needed 1200 points, which I should have easily have obtained by doing my health assessments (THis was done on the 31st)

When the new year started, I'm back to silver? I am unable to get through to vitality to query as my calls get dropped soon after verification.

This is irritating me to no end.This actuarial moving of goalposts is possibly, after leaf blowers, my second biggest first world problem gripe.

I'm in a similar boat... we were short 3000 points to stay on diamond heading into the last week, so wife booked her health check for the 31st. Points have though been allocated for 2021 and even though her broker chased it up, they didn't budge and we're sitting on Gold now. 

Seriously irritating. We blame ourselves in part for leaving it last minute, but shifting the goals posts also ain't cool...

Edited by Andrew Steer

I'm in a similar boat... we were short 3000 points to stay on diamond heading into the last week, so wife booked her health check for the 31st. Points have though been allocated for 2021 and even though her broker chased it up, they didn't budge and we're sitting on Gold now. 

Seriously irritating. We blame ourselves in part for leaving it last minute, but shifting the goals posts also ain't cool...

I would challenge them - Are you sure the broker did a good job or spoke to the right people. 

I would phone them direct myself - clearly if you have a health check in 2020 they need to reallocate those points for 2020 - I had a similar issue a few years back, I emailed them the results which had the date on and they reallocated the points no problem, in fact there were also activity points that weren't reflecting - once i sent them proof and which dates they were they also allocated those points.

Something doesn't sound right with your dilemma - with Vitality they are very black and white, it's either correct or incorrect - I lost my gym membership because i missed 1 visit in 12 month cycle - when i phoned them to reconsider it was no - nope - defiantly nope - you broke the rules and have to rejoin with the admin fee, end of story.

We did our tests on the 29th, and was short 1900 points to maintain diamond.

I am fighting with them on the BP measurements, it was in range but they have not allocated the points for it.

Now back to gold after like 5 years...

Things could be worse; like having to get to Gold three years in a row before reaching Diamond again. That happened to me in 2010, when my oldest was born. Wife didn’t do the health assessment and we finished the year on Silver. We got back to Diamond in 2013.

At least that rule has been replaced by a single year now.

I would challenge them - Are you sure the broker did a good job or spoke to the right people. 

I would phone them direct myself - clearly if you have a health check in 2020 they need to reallocate those points for 2020 - I had a similar issue a few years back, I emailed them the results which had the date on and they reallocated the points no problem, in fact there were also activity points that weren't reflecting - once i sent them proof and which dates they were they also allocated those points.

Something doesn't sound right with your dilemma - with Vitality they are very black and white, it's either correct or incorrect - I lost my gym membership because i missed 1 visit in 12 month cycle - when i phoned them to reconsider it was no - nope - defiantly nope - you broke the rules and have to rejoin with the admin fee, end of story.

Yeah, I'm going to chase it up personally.... my wife doesn't seem to phased with the drop down of a level, but these sort of things bother me a bit :)

Also agree it's not a grey area, it was in 2020, the points go to 2020 - no if's and buts.

All of those done.

Supposedly tailored for each person. It's pretty stupid that the app doesn't tell you what the third goal is, but I bet it is the fitness assessment. Also, it doesn't say that you'll get any reward for doing the third health check, aside from the vitality points which you can get from regular exercise anyway and 40 D-miles.

Side note, and possibly why the third goal isn't showing...it looks like the fitness assessment is changing, in that you don't need to do it to increase cash back on Healthy Gear. For the new Vitality Active Gear benefit which should be coming soon, it seems like only the Health Check is required.

https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/gear-up-and-get-active-with-vitality

I just checked my points monitor and saw that you can redo the mental wellbeing assessment in the second half of the year. Perhaps that 3rd health goal will only be achieved then?

I just checked my points monitor and saw that you can redo the mental wellbeing assessment in the second half of the year. Perhaps that 3rd health goal will only be achieved then?

Yip. Seems like I have to redo it in May to complete the 3

Things could be worse; like having to get to Gold three years in a row before reaching Diamond again. That happened to me in 2010, when my oldest was born. Wife didn’t do the health assessment and we finished the year on Silver. We got back to Diamond in 2013.

At least that rule has been replaced by a single year now.

I am on gold for 2 years now.  The plan was to do the 3 year thing to get to Diamond but it sounds like that's not a thing anymore?

Is the only way to get to Diamond now to hit the required points in a single year?

I am on gold for 2 years now.  The plan was to do the 3 year thing to get to Diamond but it sounds like that's not a thing anymore?

Is the only way to get to Diamond now to hit the required points in a single year?

Yeah for now, until they decide to change it again.

50000 points for single member

100000 points for member + 1 adult

post-67394-0-92099600-1611646760_thumb.png

Yeah for now, until they decide to change it again.

50000 points for single member

100000 points for member + 1 adult

Thanks I'm Member + 2.  Just managed to get over 100 000 last year.  125 000 is going to be tough to get, but will give it a go.

Last year was my 3rd year on gold. Needed 1200 points, which I should have easily have obtained by doing my health assessments (THis was done on the 31st)

When the new year started, I'm back to silver? I am unable to get through to vitality to query as my calls get dropped soon after verification.

This is irritating me to no end.This actuarial moving of goalposts is possibly, after leaf blowers, my second biggest first world problem gripe.

vitalityescalations@discovery.co.za

they should be able to help you. 

I am on gold for 2 years now. The plan was to do the 3 year thing to get to Diamond but it sounds like that's not a thing anymore?

It used to be that you had to get Gold three years in a row then maintain Gold to be Diamond. It changed in 2020 that you get to the Diamond in the first year by simply getting the points showing in purple.

4ae2988eb0ad0adde9c5c9fca92cb531.jpg

Yip. Seems like I have to redo it in May to complete the 3

Update : today the app shows 2/2 health checks completed.

• 4 weeks later...

Morning all. This info may perhaps be here somewhere in this thread, but I'll ask anyway.

Are dietitians covers under MSA? I'm on Classic Saver and have plenty funds.