Jump to content

Discovery Health - Vitality and Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know


Recommended Posts

'for free' is actually R15 (150 miles) - once a month (we'll see if it's available again next month at that price)

 

Thanks to a few family members, my Netflix is now paid for until next year Feb...

 

 Not bad for R15.....where and how do you sign up for that?

 

I'm on Vitality from 1st of May (3month trail period) to see if its all worth it, coming over from Momentum 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

 Not bad for R15.....where and how do you sign up for that?

 

I'm on Vitality from 1st of May (3month trail period) to see if its all worth it, coming over from Momentum 

Under vitality rewards in the app - choose the netflix option (there should also be a big picture advertising the netflix reward and the vitality smoothie reward under the rewards section that you can tap on)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Budza said:

https://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/marvel-speed-and-cadence-sensor

When using rollers/trainer/static bike

Anyone know if this or similar gets Vitality points when combined with Garmin HR watch?

IE, they'd see the HR effort + 'distance' (SpeedxTime) from this when used on rollers/trainer- should be enough to count?

That's correct. 

I use the Garmin speed & cadence sensor to get maximum 100 points.

You can use HR and get up to 300 points when you train at 70% for an hour or 80% for half an hour.

Or 200 points for half an hour at 70% HR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks. I'm looking for a potential 300 points. If that's possible with HR data only, that's perfect. 

Thought I'd need all data to get that many. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General medical aid query. 

I'm currently a principal member on a health plan but my ex will take over and I want ti get my own policy.  Do I need to reapply as a new applicant or is there a way all my historical data can be transferred that I can bypass all the hoops and tests etc? Anyone know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having issues with Virgin Active gym visits not reflecting as Vitality points events? 

Issue seems to have cropped up since Virgin's systems went offline due to their ransomware attack. They've been back up for weeks now though.

Never noticed it before as I normally don't need the gym points to meet my weekly goal, but had a lazy bike week 2wks ago & just realised I never made my activity goal. Checked back & my gym visits haven't generated points for more than a month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NC_lurker said:

Anyone else having issues with Virgin Active gym visits not reflecting as Vitality points events? 

Issue seems to have cropped up since Virgin's systems went offline due to their ransomware attack. They've been back up for weeks now though.

Never noticed it before as I normally don't need the gym points to meet my weekly goal, but had a lazy bike week 2wks ago & just realised I never made my activity goal. Checked back & my gym visits haven't generated points for more than a month.

Yip, mine is also not showing. It's also not under the known issues on the Vitality page on Disco 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, WR 1.0 said:

Yip, mine is also not showing. It's also not under the known issues on the Vitality page on Disco 

I had to call the call centre this week and they said they are aware of the issue with VA visits and points not reflecting . Unfortunately I did not listen in detail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feedback from Disco regarding Virgin Active :

 

Virgin Active’s systems are not yet fully functional. For this reason, there is a delay in allocating for Virgin Active visits. Our team is working with Virgin Active to resolve this error.

Please provide us with the exact dates you attended Virgin Active for us to manually award the points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2021 at 8:18 PM, Uni said:

General medical aid query. 

I'm currently a principal member on a health plan but my ex will take over and I want ti get my own policy.  Do I need to reapply as a new applicant or is there a way all my historical data can be transferred that I can bypass all the hoops and tests etc? Anyone know?

Hey Uni, 

Easiest way would be for your Ex to do what you're considering. Changing principal member just to take your own one out is a very messy way of doing things. 

Just remove them from your membership, they will have to apply for a new membership in their own right. It's a simple application form, no medical questions needed to be answered, just a form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Hey Uni, 

Easiest way would be for your Ex to do what you're considering. Changing principal member just to take your own one out is a very messy way of doing things. 

Just remove them from your membership, they will have to apply for a new membership in their own right. It's a simple application form, no medical questions needed to be answered, just a form.

Mon dieu 😯

 

Hope you're well Captain!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2021 at 6:06 PM, NotSoBigBen said:

Mon dieu 😯

 

Hope you're well Captain!

Yo, Benster!

Yeah, I'm well thanks. It's been a tumultuous few months, that's for sure, but it's all good now. Mostly. LOL. 

 

I didn't really log on when the platform changed, and TBH there was very little that I felt I lost as a result of it. I may come on more often again, but it'll only be on a few threads (like this one) which I feel add to other peoples' lives, through understanding of what they have / how it can be gamed etc. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Yo, Benster!

Yeah, I'm well thanks. It's been a tumultuous few months, that's for sure, but it's all good now. Mostly. LOL. 

 

I didn't really log on when the platform changed, and TBH there was very little that I felt I lost as a result of it. I may come on more often again, but it'll only be on a few threads (like this one) which I feel add to other peoples' lives, through understanding of what they have / how it can be gamed etc. 

 

 

 

 

Hey bud, its nice to see you on here again, glad to hear you are ok.

The new forum takes a little getting used to, but for now its still the same place as before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rocket-Boy said:

Hey bud, its nice to see you on here again, glad to hear you are ok.

The new forum takes a little getting used to, but for now its still the same place as before.

Ha! It was more of a case of my existing bookmarks / shortcuts not working anymore, so meh. Move on. :)

Synopsis: Joined a corporate. Turned out to be professional suicide. Left. Joined a completely different setup. Turned into the best thing ever. Everything's on me. Fell in love with an old hobby again, may have found a chic that gels with my brand of crazy, and things are... excellent. Still a ways to go to get to where I wanna be, but it's full flippin steam ahead. In my own time, by my own rules. 

 

Anyway. Totally OT, but @Uni if you need some help, holla. myles@mm-fs.com 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

My Profile My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Settings Help Logout