Discovery Health - Vitality and Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Some advice please.

I use my HR monitor and my GARMIN 1030 to record all my cycling activities including the Vitality requirements.

I have an Apple Watch which I don't use for recording any activities but am going away for a week and need to keep my Vitality sweat payments up to pay for the watch.

My question is - how do I use the watch to upload activities to Vitality in place of my usual Garmin?

Much obliged and TIA

11 minutes ago, Rob K said:

Hi Guys,

Some advice please.

I use my HR monitor and my GARMIN 1030 to record all my cycling activities including the Vitality requirements.

I have an Apple Watch which I don't use for recording any activities but am going away for a week and need to keep my Vitality sweat payments up to pay for the watch.

My question is - how do I use the watch to upload activities to Vitality in place of my usual Garmin?

Much obliged and TIA

Via the Apple Health App.  Just make sure you record exercises and/or steps on the watch and that it is shared & synced between the Health App and the Discovery App.  The rest of the magic will happen automatic.

Edited by TheoG

10 minutes ago, Rob K said:

Hi Guys,

Some advice please.

Much obliged and TIA

On the Discovery App, go to Vitality, select Devices & Apps, link a device or app, then link the Apple Health app.

41 minutes ago, Rob K said:

Hi Guys,

Some advice please.

Much obliged and TIA

As long as you have internet connectivity, you can use your Garmin HR strap and 1030 in hand/pocket. Then sync through Garmin Connect.

if that’s too much of a schlep, then you can simply ensure your Apple search Watch is listed as a device in the Device & Apps section of Vitality.

4D1A335B-6CB4-4BA1-A362-C2F222DF4F3A.jpeg.ac56bf6ef73912b8466f1bd24b6a6718.jpeg

Once it shows here (below), you just need to “”sweat a bit”.

E1428963-158F-4C0A-A458-20F991A0D655.jpeg.5a38f15815a5ca4353b82c0ec5f04171.jpeg

Edited by Frosty