Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Happy happy everyone.

Basic question: The 25% benefit at Sportsmans/Totalsport and the R2000 limit per month - does it apply PER MEMBER or per FAMILY?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per adult member, every month, providing they have all done the necessary checks (Vitality Age, Health Check).

On 6/22/2021 at 2:56 PM, Sydd said:

Where you used the words "still exists" - I used to manually import my .fit files onto my Garmin connect profile, from another device and I was always credited with the points. Because I legitimately do the exercise.... But this seems to have stopped working some time in March, and Discovery pleads ignorance at what I am querying. I assume that they can now identify that the .fit file comes from a different brand device?

I refuse to buy another Garmin, my experience with all interactions with them has been beyond poor and the devices just don't perform well when compared to what I'm using now anyway. Won't be bullied into using a piece of junk. 

They can't tell that I actually use a different HR strap and not a Garmin (because, surprise, so many of those have failed that I refused to replace it with a Garmin strap and bought something more reliable that still sends the same data to the Garmin) but they won't allocate the points to bully us into buying their partner device. 

I haven't trawled through all 629 pages of this thread, but wonder if anyone from Vitality has ever had a read here and cares how frustrated they make people? I really do think that if you "engage" well with their platforms, you can get a lot out of it - and I have really earned an enormous amount of points and spent many miles on things that were huge luxury items for me that I wouldn't have funded entirely from my own cash as I saw them as indulgences. But sometimes they really look like they want to spite people. 

just commenting to agree with the disposition towards garmin south africa. that is all

17 hours ago, Frosty said:

Per adult member, every month, providing they have all done the necessary checks (Vitality Age, Health Check).

Thanks.

Then effectively we as a family can buy R2k per member per month for 12 months and get 25% off (we are all on 25%) every month. No limit?

1 hour ago, Zeffer said:

Thanks.

Then effectively we as a family can buy R2k per member per month for 12 months and get 25% off (we are all on 25%) every month. No limit?

Easier to just say 25% of a max R2000 per month, i.e. no more than R500 per person, providing you spend R2000 or more.

• 3 weeks later...

So after all my rants about Vitality scam not being worth the effort and money I am in a position to put it to the test - But i need one of you Disco Fundi's to give me a dumbdown explanation of how it works - I just spent over an hour reading all their mumbo jumbo trying to understand how it works, but naaa nothing nada is sticking.

I need a new Garmin HRM strap

So i'm going to try get the Garmin - Pro HRM from Sportsmans for R 2499.00 (Jussie that's crazy)

its marked as a "Vitality Sports Gear benefit"

I'm on diamond

On the App it says under Sport Gear I get 25% discount

If I tap the Devices tab its says I get 50% off Fitness devices

So which discount voucher do i use ? Is the HRM strap Gear or is it a Device ?

Have R 6 000.00 spend limit.

So I assume i then tap view and it produces a voucher that says x% off my spend allowance which i show the till lady and i get the discount - correct ?

I also have a 250 ronds voucher from active rewards - Can I use this for further discount on the same transaction ? Or can I only use one or the other ?

Helping me claw back some money from this scam would really be appreciated.

The strap is Gear.

You get 25% of a max spend of R2000 per month, so R500 discount.

The voucher is extra discount on the final payment.

Are you a bank customer? It gets more confusing with miles and double discount day (15th).

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The strap is Gear.

You get 25% of a max spend of R2000 per month, so R500 discount.

The voucher is extra discount on the final payment.

Are you a bank customer? It gets more confusing with miles and double discount day (15th).

Yup, I can confirm this. Also bought a strap late last year and went through as gear @25% off when on diamond. We did try the device benefit first but did not work.

Edited by worriesnot

20 hours ago, madmarc said:

So after all my rants about Vitality scam not being worth the effort and money I am in a position to put it to the test - But i need one of you Disco Fundi's to give me a dumbdown explanation of how it works - I just spent over an hour reading all their mumbo jumbo trying to understand how it works, but naaa nothing nada is sticking.

I need a new Garmin HRM strap

So i'm going to try get the Garmin - Pro HRM from Sportsmans for R 2499.00 (Jussie that's crazy)

its marked as a "Vitality Sports Gear benefit"

I'm on diamond

On the App it says under Sport Gear I get 25% discount

If I tap the Devices tab its says I get 50% off Fitness devices

So which discount voucher do i use ? Is the HRM strap Gear or is it a Device ?

Have R 6 000.00 spend limit.

So I assume i then tap view and it produces a voucher that says x% off my spend allowance which i show the till lady and i get the discount - correct ?

I also have a 250 ronds voucher from active rewards - Can I use this for further discount on the same transaction ? Or can I only use one or the other ?

Helping me claw back some money from this scam would really be appreciated.

You can buy extra SWH vouchers as well with your Miles and use them in the same transaction as your R250 voucher. You can only buy one per day though, but you can use more than one at a time.

If you guys read the fine print, the devices are only 50% if you buy them as combos. Like a watch or a computer AND a HRM. tested with my wifes polar h10 beginning of the month. I also have 25 and 50%. Could only buy it on the 25% if taken on it’s own. The lady at the till was able to explain it to me too.

ABED6773-BFA4-4D5E-A881-F201E073CF04.jpeg

70CF8763-21EF-4CCF-BF79-5D9F5D86F61A.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

25 minutes ago, MORNE said:

If you guys read the fine print, the devices are only 50% if you buy them as combos. Like a watch or a computer AND a HRM. tested with my wifes polar h10 beginning of the month. I also have 25 and 50%. Could only buy it on the 25% if taken on it’s own. The lady at the till was able to explain it to me too.

ABED6773-BFA4-4D5E-A881-F201E073CF04.jpeg

70CF8763-21EF-4CCF-BF79-5D9F5D86F61A.jpeg

The devices are up to 75% depending on the Discovery products you have.  I get 55% back, as Money only gets me 5% and Health the 50% you are possibly referring to.

675A5740-4ABB-4822-9460-4C6D786F70A4.png

47 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The devices are up to 75% depending on the Discovery products you have.  I get 55% back, as Money only gets me 5% and Health the 50% you are possibly referring to.

675A5740-4ABB-4822-9460-4C6D786F70A4.png

Yes i know you can get up to 75.. Mine was on 50% (under R6k)

What i meant was there is a catch to what you can get under devices. It has to be paired with a HRM otherwise it falls under the 25%/ R2000 monthly gear.

Edited by MORNE

Okay so its starting to stick now

I have no banking products other than the CC

On gear i generate the Voucher 25% on R 2 000.00 = R 500.00

My current voucher = R 250.00

Current miles 6150 generate an instore payment voucher = R 615.00

So -

HRM @ R 2 499.00 - R 500.00 - R 250.00 - R 615.00 = R 1 134.00 at the till

Correct ?

39 minutes ago, madmarc said:

Okay so its starting to stick now

I have no banking products other than the CC

On gear i generate the Voucher 25% on R 2 000.00 = R 500.00

My current voucher = R 250.00

Current miles 6150 generate an instore payment voucher = R 615.00

So -

HRM @ R 2 499.00 - R 500.00 - R 250.00 - R 615.00 = R 1 134.00 at the till

Correct ?

Seems correct.

Bank customers (with money), get 20% discount when spending miles, and double (40%) on the 15th of every month. Not sure this applies to normal credit card holders without the money reward program, as I have only used my miles on double day purchases.