Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Clear as day from Discovery just like the motor insurance and the medical aid. I would be interested to know exactly what the average % fuel spend Discovery pays back. I guess the aim here is to get people to ride as many races as possible to be healthy but how much time do we spend trying to get through all the fine print.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill also use it once final terms and conditons on the cash back are finalised.

Website also states "The total combined qualifying spend at these events is limited to R3000 a quarter (and R12000 a year)."

Ill also use it once final terms and conditons on the cash back are finalised.

Website also states "The total combined qualifying spend at these events is limited to R3000 a quarter (and R12000 a year)."

That lines uo with how I understand it. Max discount (cash back) is 1500 per quarter and 6000 per year.

It says, up to 50% of the qualifying amount.

Do you think there will be any link to your Vitality status, i.e. Gold/Diamond gets 50%, and it becomes less according to silver, bronze and blue status?

Do you think there will be any link to your Vitality status, i.e. Gold/Diamond gets 50%, and it becomes less according to silver, bronze and blue status?

you may need to do a qualifying activity to go from a base discount (say, 10%) to the 50%. Probably something like a fitness assessment / online questionnaire etc. 

But that's all conjecture at the moment. I'll call the guys tomorrow and see what I can find out. 

I am sure you will need to be on diamond to get the full 50%. and they have made it much tougher to attain and retain diamond status.

No more carry over points, reduced points for tests, no more concurrent workout points ie: if you go to the gym, you do not get points for Polar and gym as you used to. Anyway, after three races your fitness points are maxed out. I have been on diamond for 3 or 4 years, but I will be bumped back to blue for 2015, because I have just lost interest in chasing what's become an increasingly difficult ball ache.

I am sure you will need to be on diamond to get the full 50%. and they have made it much tougher to attain and retain diamond status.

No more carry over points, reduced points for tests, no more concurrent workout points ie: if you go to the gym, you do not get points for Polar and gym as you used to. Anyway, after three races your fitness points are maxed out. I have been on diamond for 3 or 4 years, but I will be bumped back to blue for 2015, because I have just lost interest in chasing what's become an increasingly difficult ball ache.

Harry!? 

Why!

My wife's done 1 fitness assessment and no races, I've done 2 fitness assessments, and all we've done is the online stuff, soe gym visits and the screening tests. That's it! 

Harry!?

Why!

My wife's done 1 fitness assessment and no races, I've done 2 fitness assessments, and all we've done is the online stuff, soe gym visits and the screening tests. That's it!

Ya, maybe your'e right, I need to get my A into G and get my wife and daughter to play ball. I still need 70k points, ffs.

Harry!? 

Why!

I'm the same - wife has only done the health assessment at Clicks and a few gym visits whereas I've done 5 races, a fitness assessment and the health assessment. 

The rest of the points came from online stuff, the healthy food stuff and a few from the kids.

Gold (Diamond) reached with relative ease.

Edited by geraldm24

I'm the same - wife has only done the health assessment at Clicks and a few gym visits whereas I've done 5 races, a fitness assessment and the health assessment. 

The rest of the points came from online stuff, the healthy food stuff and a few from the kids.

Gold (Diamond) reached with relative ease.

Agreed - thought it would be a missionto stay on Diamond without the carry over points but the points for doing events as well as the bonus got us there easily  :clap:

Ya, maybe your'e right, I need to get my A into G and get my wife and daughter to play ball. I still need 70k points, ffs.

Dude, get it done. You've got 6 weeks! If you let it slip I'm guessing you have to wait 3 years to get back to Diamond as it says 3 consecutive years of being gold!

Found it fairly easy to get to gold this year with the assessments, online stuff, gym and garmin hrm recording of rides

Also been looking at the maths/costs and based on the races I did this year, estimating cost where not known for next year (?)

Berg and Dale R280

Serengeti R250

Emperors R270?

Rand R4V R280?

Bestmed Satellite R250?

94.7 R400?

Total R1730

Assuming 50% back R865, less the R600 initial cost gives saving of R265

Miss any of the races due to illness/work or other commitments and there not really going to be much of a saving ... and that is if I qualify for 50%

Edited by shaper

JEEEPERS! Druk hom, lightie!

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? You'll be able to get to Gold with only one assessment each, but you'll have to do some of the other stuff, like a prostate / mammogram / kids assessments (if they're on Vitality) and a nutrition assessment with a dietician. 

Also few people realise there's the odd couple of points available through the living vitality portal which hosts a few challenges. No, not enough to make up 70K worth but every couple of points helps along the way!

Also few people realise there's the odd couple of points available through the living vitality portal which hosts a few challenges. No, not enough to make up 70K worth but every couple of points helps along the way!

the 70k means 35000 a pop. It's easy. You'll have to do a few of the lesser-done items, but it's doable

Nutrition: 5,000

Fitness: 7,500 (top tier, pretty much everyone should be here honestly)

Non Smokers: 5,000

Stress Assessments: 2,500

Online Fitness Assessment: 1,000

Screening Tests (HIV / BP / Glucose / Chol / Body Weight): 14,000

Kids assessment: 2,000

plus other bits n pieces (prostate / mammogram etc) and you're there. 

Its 90 000 points for Gold, not 70 000. Thing that got me this year is that they stopped the carry over off points. But I only need another 6025 points to go get to gold again and go to Diamond. I have a fitness test booked for next week, so that should do it.