Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

JEEEPERS! Druk hom, lightie!

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? You'll be able to get to Gold with only one assessment each, but you'll have to do some of the other stuff, like a prostate / mammogram / kids assessments (if they're on Vitality) and a nutrition assessment with a dietician.

I'm 52. No little kiddies - just my wife, and 20 year old daughter . Can I pm you a paste of my points monitor, so you can see what we have done?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its 90 000 points for Gold, not 70 000. Thing that got me this year is that they stopped the carry over off points. But I only need another 6025 points to go get to gold again and go to Diamond. I have a fitness test booked for next week, so that should do it.

Harry needs another 70,000 for Gold status. 

And yes - that will get you there. Either that, or 40 visits to the gym.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Also few people realise there's the odd couple of points available through the living vitality portal which hosts a few challenges. No, not enough to make up 70K worth but every couple of points helps along the way!

Yup, I managed to get back to gold and keep my diamond status and I haven't been able to do even a quarter of the workouts and events that I usually do.  Was basically online assessments and then challenges and getting extra points when you challenge someone as well.

And then the fitness assessment, which I only got to level 2 this year after level 5 last year :eek:

Other than that, I just do my normal day to day stuff and the points are just rolling in :D

You can join Team Vitality from January 2015. You'd need to send an email to TeamVitality@discovery.co.za with your name, surname and ID number and we will keep you informed. Please also include if you want to join the running or cycling team, or both. We’ll then contact you in January to Activate the benefit. For more information on this benefit, please click here: http://bit.ly/1xRnrdZ

Yup, I managed to get back to gold and keep my diamond status and I haven't been able to do even a quarter of the workouts and events that I usually do.  Was basically online assessments and then challenges and getting extra points when you challenge someone as well.

And then the fitness assessment, which I only got to level 2 this year after level 5 last year :eek:

Other than that, I just do my normal day to day stuff and the points are just rolling in :D

Also no problem for me got to the 90 000 points in May already, My wife did not really do much either but had her workouts etc as back up.

Fitness tests, and annual health check up makes huge difference.

Okay guys, just confirmed. That "qualifying spend for cash back of R 3,000 per quarter" is just very bad wording. There is no minimum spend, no threshold and no tiering of benefits. 

The R 3,000 is a quarterly limit on your discountable entries, so you can get 50% back on up to R 3,000 per quarter, with a total spend of R 12,000 per year and a total cash back amount of R 6,000 per year. 

The "up to 50%" cash back is necessary as the Entry Fee is set at the PRE ENTRY amount, so if you enter on the day or have a late entry, you don't get 50% of that amount back - you only get 50% of the pre-entry amount back in cash. 

R 600 per year gets you:

CSA license (still need to clarify if it's recreational only, but I'd assume it is)

Kit

Discount vouchers for Bicycling etc

Okay guys, just confirmed. That "qualifying spend for cash back of R 3,000 per quarter" is just very bad wording. There is no minimum spend, no threshold and no tiering of benefits. 

The R 3,000 is a quarterly limit on your discountable entries, so you can get 50% back on up to R 3,000 per quarter, with a total spend of R 12,000 per year and a total cash back amount of R 6,000 per year. 

The "up to 50%" cash back is necessary as the Entry Fee is set at the PRE ENTRY amount, so if you enter on the day or have a late entry, you don't get 50% of that amount back - you only get 50% of the pre-entry amount back in cash. 

R 600 per year gets you:

CSA license (still need to clarify if it's recreational only, but I'd assume it is)

Kit

thanks for the feedback and clarification

seems decent enough, just seems a little light on the road cycling front............hope they add in a few more events to make it really worthwhile and up the points we can get from road cycling, the 39000 limit is too little.

R 600 per year gets you:

Kit

Cool thanks for the feedback, Do you know if you must race in their kit, I have running and triathlon club conflicts

seems decent enough, just seems a little light on the road cycling front............hope they add in a few more events to make it really worthwhile and up the points we can get from road cycling, the 39000 limit is too little.

why is the 39,000 limit too little, when you only need 45,000 points to get to Gold? The whole philosophy behind Vitality is to enhance your wellbeing, and allow people to get to know their health status. The rewards side of it is mostly secondary - they're trying to create a mindset of overall wellness, and if you ONLY concentrate on the cycling, without doing any of the screening checks, online assessments and so on, you're hardly looking after your health, are you?

Or is it a case of "I excercise so I'm fine - I don't need to know my BP / Cholestorol / glucose status"?

Cool thanks for the feedback, Do you know if you must race in their kit, I have running and triathlon club conflicts

I wouldn't think so. They can't force you to, after all - unless you want to get into a potential after race hospitality suite, in which case you normally have to be in team colours... 

Also - if you're in VA / VB / Elites etc and are in a team, that's separate to a CLUB membership, right? 

You can join Team Vitality from January 2015. You'd need to send an email to TeamVitality@discovery.co.za with your name, surname and ID number and we will keep you informed. Please also include if you want to join the running or cycling team, or both. We’ll then contact you in January to Activate the benefit. For more information on this benefit, please click here: http://bit.ly/1xRnrdZ

I did this last week, but they are very quiet. I realize they must be running around like crazy, but not even a "Welcome to..." or "Thanks for your..." just to acknowledge that they actually received it.

Mailed them when it was first announced, response received this morning.

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delayed response.

We are in the process of finalising the Team Vitality race calendar. This will be added to the Team Vitality page on the Discovery website when we launch registrations in January 2015.

Trust that assists you and we are excited with the possibility of having you part of Team Vitality.

Kind Regards,

Team Vitality