Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They mention selected races - is there some type of calender that we can see which events?

Look back a few pages... it's there. Also bear in mind that this is only a preliminary list and will most likely change with the addition of further races

I have a question regarding the benefit as it relates to the IM events. I presume at this stage, that to qualify for an IM (or any triathlon) benefit, you'd have to be registered for both running and cycling? If you are only registered for one discipline, then you won't receive anything for completing one of the listed triathlons?

I have a question regarding the benefit as it relates to the IM events. I presume at this stage, that to qualify for an IM (or any triathlon) benefit, you'd have to be registered for both running and cycling? If you are only registered for one discipline, then you won't receive anything for completing one of the listed triathlons?

The tri club is part of future plans so for now you can join running or cycling and get the 50% benefits for approved races. They will continuously be adding races to the list and tri will be one of those... The R3000 limit will apply between both clubs. 

The tri club is part of future plans so for now you can join running or cycling and get the 50% benefits for approved races. They will continuously be adding races to the list and tri will be one of those... The R3000 limit will apply between both clubs. 

Thanks for the reply. They should then take the triathlons off the list for now, until one can join for triathlon ... just to avoid some confusion.

Edited by Pronutro

Thanks for the reply. They should then take the triathlons off the list for now, until one can join for triathlon ... just to avoid some confusion.

Being a runner and cyclist why not join one of the clubs anyway and join in the benefits whilst doing training races? Remember you get your licenses paid, a running/cycling shirt as well as the vouchers so still a great deal. Triathlons will be added to the approved list, even though there won't be a tri specific club as yet.

Being a runner and cyclist why not join one of the clubs anyway and join in the benefits whilst doing training races? Remember you get your licenses paid, a running/cycling shirt as well as the vouchers so still a great deal. Triathlons will be added to the approved list, even though there won't be a tri specific club as yet.

It doesn't mention the licence being paid, or am I misreading it somewhere?

Join Team Vitality and you could win the trip of a lifetime.

You can now join Team Vitality – a great new benefit for runners and cyclists. Team Vitality kicks into action in January 2015. We want to support your exercise efforts, so not only will we give you up to 50% cash back on your race entry fees for selected events on the Team Vitality race calendar, but we'll also give you an awesome Team Vitality shirt, discounts on sports magazines and sports vouchers.

What you need to put in to be part of Team Vitality

Getting fit has never been this rewarding. You can enter some of SA's most popular races, listed in the Team Vitality race calendar. If you want to join as a runner, you'll only pay R300 a year, or if you're a cyclist, the fee is R600 a year. You can even sign up for both sports and pay only R900 a year.

What you get out of being part of Team Vitality

When joining Team Vitality, you'll get a fantastic starter pack. You'll also get up to 50% cash back on selected race entries, subject to a maximum spend of R3 000 a quarter. And, you can still earn up to 5000 points Vitality points for each event you complete.

Here's what you get in your starter packs:

Running starter pack

Team Vitality shirt

Garmin voucher to the value of R 800

Up to 60% discount on a Runners World magazine subscription through discovery/mall

Cycling starter pack

Team Vitality shirt

Rudy Project helmet voucher worth R 500

Garmin voucher to the value of R 800

Up to 60% discount on a Bicycling magazine subscription through discovery/mall

Register for Team Vitality now

All you have to do to be a part of Team Vitality is send an email to TeamVitality@discovery.co.za with your name, surname and ID number, and you can look forward to your Team Vitality starter pack in February 2015.

Fancy winning a trip Down Under on top of all that?

If you'd also like to stand the chance to win a trip to Australia, all you have to do, in addition to signing up for Team Vitality, is:

Register with parkrun on www.parkrun.co.za and link your parkrun profile to your Discovery membership using your passport or SA ID number

Complete two parkrun events between 1 November and 28 February 2015

Make sure you have a confirmed Team Vitality membership by 28 February 2015

You'll be in the running to win an exciting trip to Sydney, Australia, with flights sponsored by Qantas and an adidas kit worth R 5 000 for the winner and partner, including a running shirt, jacket, tights or shorts and a pair of the latest adidas boost footwear. While you're enjoying the sights of this beautiful city, you will not only get the chance to complete an international parkrun in Sydney, but we will get you an exclusive ticket to participate in the world-famous City to Surf Marathon. Terms and conditions apply.

Reap the rewards and benefit from the support and the inspiring team spirit of Team Vitality!

Regards

signature

Barry Sundelson

Chief Operating Officer

Discovery Vitality

It's definitely part of it.

Awesome. That's effectively only R450 for the membership then if they are paying the licence fee

Awesome. That's effectively only R450 for the membership then if they are paying the licence fee

CSA Membership has gone up to R120, excluding provincial fees, so for Central Gauteng is R120 + R75 = R195