Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

easiest thing is to mail them at vitalityinfo@discovery.co.za

they're pretty busy at the moment, but if anything they;ll retrospectively allocate teh points for you if you're still having trouble after tomorrow midnight (which is the cutoff for last week's activities to be synced)

My biggest issue is that they allow you to add 4 friends, now these "friends" are hounding me for being so lazy and not meeting my fitness goals, they thought I was a smart pick. 

Little did they know discovery expects me gym 8 times in 7 days :P

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else is doing the Vitality Rewards?  I am loving it.  Getting 2 free smoothies on

Wednesday.

bonus is its actually motivating me to train more because if I don't I am not just letting myself down, but my Vitality friends can see that I've been lazy and will miss out on their bonus smoothie.

One question, what is the easiest way to earn the bonus fitness points?  I am at my max fitness points and need 1000 points to maintain Diamond.

Yip I am on the Hub Strava club. Does anyone else also have a problem when you try to load the activity challenge thingy on their profile.

It just keeps on loading..

I find the replies fascinating. Been on Discovery for years and have found the benefit from Vitality minimal at best. Clearly doing something wrong.

This vitality active rewards is actually ridiculous! Looks like the min goal is about 1100points. That means even if you visit the gym 7 days a week you won't make it. You basically have to do an "hardcore" activity 6 days a week to get you max of 200points a day.

I am fairly active going to gym 2 to 3 times per week and I am on the bike 5 to 6 times a week. So there are a few days where I am active 2 x per day. In my case I will still hardly ever make 1100 points except if I do a race that week

What were they thinking? Def not for the avg active person out there

This vitality active rewards is actually ridiculous! Looks like the min goal is about 1100points. That means even if you visit the gym 7 days a week you won't make it. You basically have to do an "hardcore" activity 6 days a week to get you max of 200points a day.

I am fairly active going to gym 2 to 3 times per week and I am on the bike 5 to 6 times a week. So there are a few days where I am active 2 x per day. In my case I will still hardly ever make 1100 points except if I do a race that week

Jaco, read my posts here before you give up on it, please. I've gone through this numerous times. 

For everyone struggling to get their fitness points up...do a few parkruns(500points each and doesn't cost you a cent) Really fun 5km run / walk to get a Saturday going every now and then.

Then - when you do races - remember to go online and claim points for them...some will give you 5000points... Only down side to this is that your fitness points get capped at soemthing like 15000 per year, so that sucks...reached that quite quickly and not getting points for going to gym etc anymore, which is a bit of a bummer.

Other than that...do all the online stuff - mental health / emotional health etc..

Go for a vitality health check at Dischem / clicks...can't remember, but doesn't cost much..

Also really helps to setup your online profile...check in there evey week or so, very user friendly and a lot of tips to be found.

Side note to everyone who has their car insurance with Discovery as well... go do your TWT check asap....my fuel rewards went up from R94 to R368...so really worth the R95

It starts off low, mine start off at 150 points, now I am on 300.   The idea being that they slowly push you do to more.

From what I understand, if you use a heart rate monitor or a garmin, you can get bonus points for being in a certain range (heart rate) or running / riding at a specific speed.  Maybe look into that if you have a heart rate monitor.

My points or workouts havent been reflecting for 2 weeks on the Vitality app.

So I have not been getting my free smoothies either.

My team mates in my group also telling me Im the weak link.

Called the Discovery Vitality people and the consultant reckons Ive reached the maximium limit of 15000 points for fitness workouts.

Can this be? only had the app for 3 weeks on my phone

For fitness points I submit 3 races over 75 km . 5000 Points per race gives you the max fitness points 15000.

At least once a week to gym just to get the number of visits per year sorted. No worries about Polar ,Garmin etc.