Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

My points or workouts havent been reflecting for 2 weeks on the Vitality app.So I have not been getting my free smoothies either. My team mates in my group also telling me Im the weak link.Called the Discovery Vitality people and the consultant reckons Ive reached the maximium limit of 15000 points for fitness workouts. Can this be? only had the app for 3 weeks on my phone

Jip, was also bummed to hear that you get capped on that...even without the app your gym visits and events would have probably been picked up before the app though

Although...you should still be getting your smoothies for reaching your goals

Edited by nellie

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My points or workouts havent been reflecting for 2 weeks on the Vitality app.

So I have not been getting my free smoothies either.

My team mates in my group also telling me Im the weak link.

Called the Discovery Vitality people and the consultant reckons Ive reached the maximium limit of 15000 points for fitness workouts.

Can this be? only had the app for 3 weeks on my phone

Jip, was also bummed to hear that you get capped on that...even without the app your gym visits and events would have probably been picked up before the app though

Although...you should still be getting your smoothies for reaching your goals

For the purposes of the app & smoothies etc, even if you have reached your max fitness points you will still get "Goal Points" allocated for each activity. This is from next year. At the moment it's still running on this year's Vitality points rules. 

In that case I will be calling them again

*this is from next year

Not sure how the points are pulling through for the rewards this year, or if they're still allocating. I suspect they SHOULD be, but not entirely sure. That was one question I didn't ask, but now will... 

All the new benefits sound promising, but first, fix the basics. The website. And FFS: the app.

It took me 8mins today from opening the app to get to my Kauai voucher. #firstthirdworldproblems

This is how I imagine the coding department

http://media1.notapipe.biz/2015/06/Monkeys-typing-Shakespeare.jpg

...the smoothie was great though...

Edited by Koei

All the new benefits sound promising, but first, fix the basics. The website. And FFS: the app.

It took me 8mins today from opening the app to get to my Kauai voucher. #firstthirdworldproblems

LOL. 

From said consultant:

Hi Myles. 

As far as I as aware it should still be allocated even if you're on your max points. 

Let me confirm with Vitality and get back to you. 

Thanks 

Loving Vitality but it has taken me a long time to get into it.

Once my rides were logged with them via my Garmin, my points went to Gold for the first time. Park Runs work well. And I do all the online surveys.

I'm enjoying the 'free' smoothies of late and I'm told that this benefit is going to ramp up to include subsidized apple watch repayments and other interesting stuff - including 'free' flights (not the taxes but the base cost). Perhaps other hubbers know more about this?

And for the first time, we've used my partner's diamond status to book flights, accommodation and car hire for a coming domestic trip. Which has saved us about R5k in one fell swoop and sees us staying in a much larnier hotel than we'd normally spring for.

My life insurance premiums went down this year thanks to Vitality.

But I think it all really only makes sense if you use the discovery card and have both life insurance and medical aid.

Ja - nothing yet hey.

And I can't find anything on their website which links to a statement to see what they have and haven't paid for.....

I got R160 back on my latest discovery card statement, but as always just says Teamvitality cashback so not sure if this was for the duathlon or another event (did the satellite classic and I think that may also have qualified for cash back).  Would be nice if Disco would add event detail when they give the cash back - or even better offer an online report so you can keep track...

Edited by dracs

Loving Vitality but it has taken me a long time to get into it.

Once my rides were logged with them via my Garmin, my points went to Gold for the first time. Park Runs work well. And I do all the online surveys.

I'm enjoying the 'free' smoothies of late and I'm told that this benefit is going to ramp up to include subsidized apple watch repayments and other interesting stuff - including 'free' flights (not the taxes but the base cost). Perhaps other hubbers know more about this?

And for the first time, we've used my partner's diamond status to book flights, accommodation and car hire for a coming domestic trip. Which has saved us about R5k in one fell swoop and sees us staying in a much larnier hotel than we'd normally spring for.

My life insurance premiums went down this year thanks to Vitality.

But I think it all really only makes sense if you use the discovery card and have both life insurance and medical aid.

Myles Mayhew, on 10 Nov 2015 - 3:17 PM, said:snapback.png

Nt retrospective, no. Not as far as I know, at least. I might be wrong though. 

As for the watch. 

You need a Disco credit card with R 6k available

You pay a R 350 activation fee

You get the watch

R 6k "0% interest loan" will be made on the card for a period of 2 years. R 6k sidelined, effectively (cost of the unit is R 6k)

Every month, the o/s value of the "loan" decreases by R 250

You pay (card is debited) according to how many goals you achieve in a given month:

0 goals: R 250 in that month

1 goal: R 175 in that month

2 goals: R 100 in that month

3 goals: R 50 in that month

4 goals: No payment in that month. 

The reason it's done as a loan on the card is just in case someone joins JUST to get the apple watch, and leaves after a month thinking they got a free watch.

And yes - up to 100% off flights and gym, depending on how many goals you achieve via the Vitality Awards thing.

Free Flights thing still requires you to pay taxes, and will not be an up front saving, rather depending on how many goals you hit running up to the time of the flight. Only thing is that you have to book the flight a certain time in advance, and hit a min of 4 goals before the flight to get an additional discount

Before posting, please read the thread from the start, only three pages. If too lazy to do that, just read Myles's posts. 

If you too lazy to do that, you too lazy to get the vitality rewards and the system has worked

LOL.

The other post on the apple watch was taken from the OTHER vitality thread, so not entirely his fault for being lazy... 

The Kauai voucher gets saved to Passbook.

You should be able to get the voucher straight from there with no delays.

The Kauai voucher gets saved to Passbook.

You should be able to get the voucher straight from there with no delays.

But first you need to "active" it - as in choose between Kauai or Vida. Once I've done that I immediately screen capture the code so I can access it without the app.