Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Done, thanks leroux!

I need two more to also join my vitality team, pop me a PM with your email address, I've also been making my points every week since I started with it.

I'll try help out, PM'd you okes .... haven't missed a week yet (touch wood)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

flatbox = absolute all out. 

so i am doing it wrong  :blush:

I can honestly say there are times- 6:30 in the AM when it's still dark outside, and the instructor says there's a break away - let's chase them down - and I think - naahh - let them go :D 

Also stayed on 600, with selective uploading

Same here, stayed on 600 but I upload everything. Hit 1800 last week and already achieved this weeks goal with a MTB ore-Sani panic ride this morning of 1500. 

Also stayed on 600 but only did 600 last week. Don't think they have any set way of working this out.

We'll probably be back on 1200 in 6-10 weeks.

An hour and a half on the trainer at a moderate pace got me 600 points. Seems fair. This morning a fast, for me, 2:10 loop at the reserve with strong winds got me the same 600 points. Weird.

Fitbit Charge HR - does anyone know when Vitality accepts the HR data -  or if I bought that thing too quickly. :-( 

Fitbit Charge HR - does anyone know when Vitality accepts the HR data -  or if I bought that thing too quickly. :-( 

They only accept HR data from apple watch, samsung watch, polar devices and garmin devices.

Did the Maluti D90 on Saturday. Of all things, I forgot my hr monitor. All I got for the 176 km from discovery was 100 points for speed data. Lol

Well. 500 to go for the week. Luckily have 4 cycle and run sessions planned till thursday

I've uploaded everything every week accept for my gym spinning session which is max 2 a week. I hit 3k + every week and mine has increased the same as other people only uploading enough for the goals.

So it looks like (for the moment) they are not looking at how much you upload only if you make it or not.

I am on 600 this week.

I've uploaded everything every week accept for my gym spinning session which is max 2 a week. I hit 3k + every week and mine has increased the same as other people only uploading enough for the goals.

So it looks like (for the moment) they are not looking at how much you upload only if you make it or not.

I am on 600 this week.

Seems they don't even look at if you hit the goals. I don't have a compatible HRM at the moment, so I've only got gym workouts to add. I recently joined, so my points started at 100 a month ago.

My goal has increased by nearly 100 points a week. I last hit the 200 goal two weeks ago, then missed my 200 goal last week, but still my goal was increased to 300.

Why? I have no idea.

If I had a HRM, I'd be fine to hit 1000 or so points a week, but I now have to consider buying a Garmin or something :P This isn't for smoothies or coffees for me, this is to get the last 25% of my gym membership back, so that does matter for me.

Seems they don't even look at if you hit the goals. I don't have a compatible HRM at the moment, so I've only got gym workouts to add. I recently joined, so my points started at 100 a month ago.

My goal has increased by nearly 100 points a week. I last hit the 200 goal two weeks ago, then missed my 200 goal last week, but still my goal was increased to 300.

Why? I have no idea.

If I had a HRM, I'd be fine to hit 1000 or so points a week, but I now have to consider buying a Garmin or something :P This isn't for smoothies or coffees for me, this is to get the last 25% of my gym membership back, so that does matter for me.

This sounds like a rock solid plan......the cash back benefits with Discovery is really to our advantage......buy a heart monitor unit for R 3000 - R 5000 k so we can give you back in to your pocket the R 175 pm. X 12 months........

Edited by BarHugger

Also stayed on 600 but only did 600 last week. Don't think they have any set way of working this out.

We'll probably be back on 1200 in 6-10 weeks.

Well I only moved up to 600 this week. Was hitting 3000 plus before April but have not uploaded my workouts so far , and stayed on 500 for three weeks. However I did make 1200 in week 1 vs goal of 300 and 900 in week 2 vs goal of 400 . Since then I have been better at achieving just enough. Although I do not think it would be an issue if I get to 1200 again. The only issue might be hitting it consistently.

Was also informed they do not get results from Championchip