Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

My ride this morning reflected almost immediately!

Two parkruns still to reflect for the past weekend. 600 points should show on Wednesday.

Can't access the points events in the app at the moment so hopefully it's being fixed.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I was unique in this regard.

me too my garmin workout syncd to strava but I have no points for it on disco... I did get 100 points for that day due to over 10k steps.. but not the 300 for the run ( 2 jan)

All points for all activities sync and get awarded without issue for me, even this mornings ride

So looking at the changes I don't see the max activity points. What is it?

It seems like it is going to be a bit more difficultly to stay on gold this year. Maybe I should have taken my brokers advice and changed to Momentum.

It seems like it is going to be a bit more difficultly to stay on gold this year. Maybe I should have taken my brokers advice and changed to Momentum.

Don't see it as an impossibility, you sure you reading the right info?  For an individual it is 45,000 points to stay on gold

Summary of Vitality points:

Online Vitality Age questionnaire 2500

HIV test at Pharmacy 5000

Vitality Health Check at Pharmacy up to 20,000 (5 measures in range)

Vitality Fitness Assessment (at gym or at bio, level 5) 7500  

Total 35,000 points

45,000 - 35,000 = 10,000

10,000 points divided by 300 per activity = 34 activities in the year to stay on gold

34/12 months is 3 activities a month scoring 300 points.  Most do that in a week as we are on 900 points a week for the VAR

*Notes

-That is staying on the standard points and not going onto the high performance

-Does not include for any races where points may be as much as 3000 depending on event type

-Does not include for healthy food points or maybe even visiting a dietitian

-Does not include any of the other options for points should you need to make up for a shortfall like visiting GP or dentist.

Worst case scenario doing the online, then doing the health and fitness checks and ensuring the minimum 900 points a week for VAR you will hit 45 000 points for gold in 12 weeks.

So by end of March 2017 you should be close to gold if not already achieved it !!

So Father Christmas gave me an Apple Watch 2.

how to link it on the discovery app, if it doesn't show as an option under "link device"?

You link apple health to link the watch. Just remember to use the built in fitness app if obtaining heart rate data as it wont work if you use Strava on the watch.

me too my garmin workout syncd to strava but I have no points for it on disco... I did get 100 points for that day due to over 10k steps.. but not the 300 for the run ( 2 jan)

Points just came through for me.

You link apple health to link the watch. Just remember to use the built in fitness app if obtaining heart rate data as it wont work if you use Strava on the watch.

thanks! seems to work! 

So I take it the smoking declaration and all the easy questionnaire are gone?

Yes, unless you have kids, it's another 500/child for the online health review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I take it the smoking declaration and all the easy questionnaire are gone?

non smoking declaration has moved when you go for your health tests.

Can't access the points events in the app at the moment so hopefully it's being fixed.

I used to have problems with the Apple Watch and had to mail activities through.

With my new device my points reflect almost immediately it is a Polar A360post-105182-0-12540200-1483552064_thumb.jpg

not 1000, but 3000 for races that are timed and verified - eg using Racetec.

600 max per event if you use a hrm AND you're on the high performance category.

Don't see it as an impossibility, you sure you reading the right info?  For an individual it is 45,000 points to stay on gold

Summary of Vitality points:

Online Vitality Age questionnaire 2500

HIV test at Pharmacy 5000

Vitality Health Check at Pharmacy up to 20,000 (5 measures in range)

Vitality Fitness Assessment (at gym or at bio, level 5) 7500  

Total 35,000 points

45,000 - 35,000 = 10,000

10,000 points divided by 300 per activity = 34 activities in the year to stay on gold

34/12 months is 3 activities a month scoring 300 points.  Most do that in a week as we are on 900 points a week for the VAR

*Notes

-That is staying on the standard points and not going onto the high performance

-Does not include for any races where points may be as much as 3000 depending on event type

-Does not include for healthy food points or maybe even visiting a dietitian

-Does not include any of the other options for points should you need to make up for a shortfall like visiting GP or dentist.

Worst case scenario doing the online, then doing the health and fitness checks and ensuring the minimum 900 points a week for VAR you will hit 45 000 points for gold in 12 weeks.

So by end of March 2017 you should be close to gold if not already achieved it !!

it's not that hard really.  my cholestorol is always high, so i don't get max points for my health check, but despite that, my goal was achieved by April last year.  Should be about the same this year.