Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It works on average for the entire activity. So it's likely that you were too low overall and it worked on speed only.

Yep, they work on the average of the activity.

A suggestions on how to work the system:

Record the more intense section of the ride as a separate activity from the more chilled part of the activity, thus multiple activities for the same ride and you will get rewarded for the activity with the most points.

Other ways include cropping the ride but that seems like allot of admin instead of just stopping and restarting your garmin once you start your cooldown, if you really want to capture the chilled part of your ride as well.

Aha, okay that makes sense I guess, thanks :thumbup:

I use Polar Beat on my phone to track my activity. I wonder if pausing it when we stop for coffee or fix a puncture will help or will it still pick up overall time of ride based on start & finish times? Guess I'll need to test it. Strava has an auto pause function but I'm not sure if Polar Beat has.

Aha, okay that makes sense I guess, thanks :thumbup:

I use Polar Beat on my phone to track my activity. I wonder if pausing it when we stop for coffee or fix a puncture will help or will it still pick up overall time of ride based on start & finish times? Guess I'll need to test it. Strava has an auto pause function but I'm not sure if Polar Beat has.

Best to pause it, it shouldn't then take that elapsed time between pause and restart into account. Another trick to keep the Ave HR high is to wait a minute or two into your activity or after your restart before you start recording again. It has all to do with recording your heartrate at its highest points.

The new Disco website sucks balls.

There is no landing page for Vitality that gives one all the pertinent info. Finding the Active Rewards barometer has become a mission from the login page.

I accept change but why can they not make changes that improve things rather than add complexity?

Edit: Every operation now requires at least one additional click. Take Fitness Devices page, extra clicks added.

Edited by carbon29er

There is no landing page for Vitality that gives one all the pertinent info. Finding the Active Rewards barometer has become a mission from the login page.

I accept change but why can they not make changes that improve things rather than add complexity?

Edit: Every operation now requires at least one additional click. Take Fitness Devices page, extra clicks added.

It doesn't go straight to the respective page's Dashboard anymore. Which is an odd design choice.

Then you have to use the menu to go to where you wanted to go in the first place.

all part of keeping you more active :w00t: , physically and mentally.

It doesn't go straight to the respective page's Dashboard anymore. Which is an odd design choice.

Then you have to use the menu to go to where you wanted to go in the first place.

Yep. Maybe they need to create their own work to keep their jobs. But I don't like all the extra click.

Maybe Myles can complain on our behalf.

bro... you should try it from my perspective... wow. Every single time our consultant asks what they can do. 2 things - lower fees on investments, and a more simple website. 

I have ZERO idea where they get their design ideas from, but each iteration has been shittier than the one it replaced. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

UX has become an art. Throw enough money at it and you'll get it right and make people happy and they'll have a good experience. Make it k@k enough, and they'll stop coming. Perhaps Disco don't care?

The mobile app is also pretty sucky and laggy. I think its bandwidth footprint is quite hefty. FNB's mobile platform seems far better IMO.

They should have rather prioritized fixing all the current bugs in their system than creating a new website !!!!!

4 months and still known Vitality rewards issues not fixed.

If anyone might be interested, I see the Tomtom Runner 2 Cardio is available on Takealot for a smidge less than R2000 today. Previous gen, but for the price it is good - it has multisport mode, and links to Vitality well enough

it may still come through. I have been receiving the cash backs on all different days.

18-Gym booster

19-Miles

20-Healthy Food / Healthy Care

25-Shoe Booster

Their reply to my follow up query: "Apologies for the miscommunication, your cash back will be paid out on 19-May".

Anyone had issues with activities after 10pm not registering (garmin)? (Or perhaps I am the only person doing such things...)

I see in their "known bugs" list they mention sometimes these reflect next day - but in my case 3 times they have just not registered...    Discovery have credited after sending screenshots but its a pain to have to keep having to go through the PT to get my points...   

Wouldn't bother for a smoothie but now I need to cover the wife's apple watch and my get my shoe booster cash back.  I have been captured!

Edited by dracs

Anyone had issues with activities after 10pm not registering (garmin)? (Or perhaps I am the only person doing such things...)!

I don't bother uploading those type of activities. The minimum duration is never met.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Their reply to my follow up query: "Apologies for the miscommunication, your cash back will be paid out on 19-May".

What BS. They really need to sort out these small issues.

Disco Insure called me today, offered me some good savings on my car/all risk items. But I'm not soo sure. I know it's a different division but all part of Disco and the service levels is a huge concern.