Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I have just cancelled my insurance with Disco as they could not link my Drive card to my profile. This means I didn't get any cash backs from Dec.

They owe me around R2k

What BS. They really need to sort out these small issues.

Disco Insure called me today, offered me some good savings on my car/all risk items. But I'm not soo sure. I know it's a different division but all part of Disco and the service levels is a huge concern.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something interesting I learned this week.

Short story: The Vitality Active Voucher codes are valid after the apparent expiry date. 

Here is the long story:

Wanted to get a cappuccino from M&B on the 19th of April, with a voucher that expires on 19 April. Went to 2 shops and both had issues with the new system, so voucher not used and the benefit was seemingly lost forever.
Importantly, I had taken a screenshot of it to make the redeeming process easier as I would not have to wait for the very slow App.

So on 20 April I voice my dissatisfaction on Twitter and the agent replied that they are looking into the issue, ie. "we will humour you until thebugs are sorted out with the normal processes". I complained that I lost the value of the voucher because of their ineptitude to launch new systems. The agent then asked for the code of the expired voucher. Well, it was no longer visible in the normal location in the App and in the Digital Cards section I could see the voucher but the wi-code was removed and the QR code was greyed out. But I then remembered the screenshot. So I sent the agent the code on the screenshot and it was confirmed that it still works on their system.

So I pitched at the store with the "expired" screenshot code and the system accepted it.

TIP OF THE DAY: Screenshot your vouchers and you might just be able to redeem them after their expiration date...

Something interesting I learned this week.

Short story: The Vitality Active Voucher codes are valid after the apparent expiry date. 

Here is the long story:

Wanted to get a cappuccino from M&B on the 19th of April, with a voucher that expires on 19 April. Went to 2 shops and both had issues with the new system, so voucher not used and the benefit was seemingly lost forever.

Importantly, I had taken a screenshot of it to make the redeeming process easier as I would not have to wait for the very slow App.

So on 20 April I voice my dissatisfaction on Twitter and the agent replied that they are looking into the issue, ie. "we will humour you until thebugs are sorted out with the normal processes". I complained that I lost the value of the voucher because of their ineptitude to launch new systems. The agent then asked for the code of the expired voucher. Well, it was no longer visible in the normal location in the App and in the Digital Cards section I could see the voucher but the wi-code was removed and the QR code was greyed out. But I then remembered the screenshot. So I sent the agent the code on the screenshot and it was confirmed that it still works on their system.

So I pitched at the store with the "expired" screenshot code and the system accepted it.

TIP OF THE DAY: Screenshot your vouchers and you might just be able to redeem them after their expiration date...

awesome!

I see there is a new fatboy reward for weight loss in the app.

As far as I understand, it is only for qualifying individuals and you will be invited to participate. The criteria is something along the lines of :

• BMI over 30
  • or BMI over 25 and your waist circumference larger than a given size(can't remember exactly but I think it is 102cm for men, but I could be way off)

I don't bother uploading those type of activities. The minimum duration is never met.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

but there is 120mins between 10pm and 12am....  only need 30...?

Edited by dracs

As far as I understand, it is only for qualifying individuals and you will be invited to participate. The criteria is something along the lines of :

• BMI over 30
  • or BMI over 25 and your waist circumference larger than a given size(can't remember exactly but I think it is 102cm for men, but I could be way off)

I got the email telling me all about it and don't meet the criteria.

I would participate now that as am 34 weeks pregnant so in 6 weeks time should lose a whole bunch of weight.  However it is a mission as you need to go for official weigh ins which I don't see myself bothering to do.

No shoe booster or health foods payback for last month!!.... another email off to Vitality today... look forward to their excuses.... #becomingagameofcatandmouse

I got the email telling me all about it and don't meet the criteria.

I would participate now that as am 34 weeks pregnant so in 6 weeks time should lose a whole bunch of weight.  However it is a mission as you need to go for official weigh ins which I don't see myself bothering to do.

oh,,, well thats a schlep!

anyone interested in 2 vouchers expiring tomorrow ? Your choice of M&B / Vida / Kauai.

anyone interested in 2 vouchers expiring tomorrow ? Your choice of M&B / Vida / Kauai.

I'll take one! (Don't want to seem greedy) :clap:M&B please.

Edited by Rookie85

I will take a Kauai if still available