Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Just asking something for a friend, 

This friend of mine, due to the croniaviris is not receiving a income , and maybe unemployed.

So he asked this discovery health for a cheaper option, just a a hospital plan.

A cost per month was mentioned which was accepted.

On 30th April late in the afternoon, the doc'S and attachements were sent , which were accepted,

(this friend does not look at the finer print,  accepted it, assumed  would be a figure as first quoted and accepted.)

Admittedly such documents should be studied in detail, but at month end ,no time.

Debt order goes through on the 3rd,  R280 more than the quoted figure.

On query gets told its the vitality amount not included.

Surely if someone says this is all they can afford, it means its all they can afford, why just add on more?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just asking something for a friend, 

This friend of mine, due to the croniaviris is not receiving a income , and maybe unemployed.

So he asked this discovery health for a cheaper option, just a a hospital plan.

A cost per month was mentioned which was accepted.

On 30th April late in the afternoon, the doc'S and attachements were sent , which were accepted,

(this friend does not look at the finer print,  accepted it, assumed  would be a figure as first quoted and accepted.)

Admittedly such documents should be studied in detail, but at month end ,no time.

Debt order goes through on the 3rd,  R280 more than the quoted figure.

On query gets told its the vitality amount not included.

Surely if someone says this is all they can afford, it means its all they can afford, why just add on more?

Vitality is a separate benefit. If he'd already had it, he would have had it still with the new plan. So even though it goes off with the same debit order, it doesn't get included in the cost of the med aid. .

Edit: In terms of what should have happened, yes he should have been told that Vitality is over and above the normal med aid premium. But to be fair, the call centre agent was likely told that he needed the cheapest MED AID possible, and she / he quoted that rate. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Did anyone else not get their Healthy Living cash back for April? Mine usually comes around 23rd of the month, and still nothing. I definitely did have enough qualifying spend  :unsure:

Hey, I noticed my cashbacks were being paid directly to my Discovery Miles in April, instead of as cash into my bank account

Hey, I noticed my cashbacks were being paid directly to my Discovery Miles in April, instead of as cash into my bank account

Thanks, I check my transactions and saw the same.

I can also confirm that my cash backs have now been paid out as Miles, and not into the Vitality Savings account.

Anybody else hit with some erroneous interest charges on their Discovery Bank Credit cards?

For some reason they under collected about R240 by debit order on 25 April for my March closing balance, and I got charged R100.something in interest retroactively at the end of March, and now another R110.something at the end of April. WTF?

(already queried it with them, but just curious to see if anyone else has the same issue)

11 days and I've followed up twice and I have had no response. Such a fun time dealing with banks.

11 days and I've followed up twice and I have had no response. Such a fun time dealing with banks.

Hi Mr. Ras

Thanks for contacting us about your debit order.

We tried contacting you on XXX, with no success. (They called once, it didn't ring and I just got a missed call SMS)

We are aware of a debit order issue that affected a small number of our clients. Their debit orders ran for an amount less than their chosen full statement balance leading to interest charges. 

We know that this was an error and we will refund the relevant interest charges in full.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused

• 2 weeks later...

Question, have Vitality on top of a life policy, and have had the gym booster activated more than a year ago. Does gym booster still pay back the 25% without a discovery bank account?

My profile says it is activated, but booster still at 0%, and have met my 36 visits in early march, and 9 of my last 10 weekly point requirements.

Question, have Vitality on top of a life policy, and have had the gym booster activated more than a year ago. Does gym booster still pay back the 25% without a discovery bank account?

My profile says it is activated, but booster still at 0%, and have met my 36 visits in early march, and 9 of my last 10 weekly point requirements.

You only have to be a bank client for new activations. You haven't received cash back for the last few months because Virgin Active haven't been charging you for your monthly membership, while they are closed under lockdown.

I have the gym benefit through Vitality and Health, even though I have Life and Bank accounts.

The cash back is paid out at 25%.

I have not activated the option on the Bank side, as I have no ambition to get to Diamond.

Hi Mr. Ras

Thanks for contacting us about your debit order.

We tried contacting you on XXX, with no success. (They called once, it didn't ring and I just got a missed call SMS)

We are aware of a debit order issue that affected a small number of our clients. Their debit orders ran for an amount less than their chosen full statement balance leading to interest charges. 

We know that this was an error and we will refund the relevant interest charges in full.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused

Ja so this is still not resolved, and they've AGAIN under-collected by about R400 this month.

And then I reply to the above mail quoted, and get a "this mailbox is not monitored" response.

Ridiculous.

You only have to be a bank client for new activations. You haven't received cash back for the last few months because Virgin Active haven't been charging you for your monthly membership, while they are closed under lockdown.

Thanks.

It was activated before bank went live (activated last year). But forgot that since virgin active isn't charging, there is no cash back.

A heads up to those just achieving the target per week. Vitality Active Rewards goals will be increasing as lockdown levels are reduced.

This week’s cycle, for me, has increased to 350 points compared to 300 for the last 2 months.

A heads up to those just achieving the target per week. Vitality Active Rewards goals will be increasing as lockdown levels are reduced.

This week’s cycle, for me, has increased to 350 points compared to 300 for the last 2 months.

yep, saw communication about this during the week and I see today the goal is up to 350.

• 2 weeks later...

So.... decided to move my insurance from Discovery to Sanlam. Premium is down R1700 pm which is nice, however the biggest reason is the schlep of having to police Discovery every month. I have had issues for the last 3 years where my Vitality dashboard stays on "Blue" status. Numerous queries logged, no resolution. The last straw was their response to this "Note, the issue is NOT with the tracking unit. The unit has been inspected on 3 separate occasions and no fault was found. In addition, my weekly Vitality Drive goals reflect every trip and incident. Lastly, all my trips reflect accurately on DQ Track. Please do not suggest  to me that a technician needs to come out and have a look at the tracking unit"

Response:

"Kindly be advised that our systems team will require the latest errors as an image to assist with a resolution, alternatively we can book a technician to take a look at the tracking unit"   

It's like they're not even reading the problem description