Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eadc3d29b17f24eddaa34f90f8e1666f.jpg

I was quite bleak to find out that based on my bank status, I'll only get 5% of the possible 25% discount, ie. 55% in total.

I was quite bleak to find out that based on my bank status, I'll only get 5% of the possible 25% discount, ie. 55% in total.

As bleak as you may be, allow me to cheer you up.

One of the BIGGEST improvements here is that you can generate a voucher (55% discount in your case) EVERY.SINGLE.MONTH

I feel like even non-bank clients are benefitting massively when compared against the old HealthyGear benefit.

One of the BIGGEST improvements here is that you can generate a voucher (55% discount in your case) EVERY.SINGLE.MONTH

I feel like even non-bank clients are benefitting massively when compared against the old HealthyGear benefit.

Check the T&C , there is a annual limit over a rolling 12 month window

Check the T&C , there is a annual limit over a rolling 12 month window

Correct, but the limit isn't anything less that what it was before, so still winning in my eyes.

I see they've dropped the R999 activation fee for an Apple watch - now only R10.

And then they only bill you if you don't achieve your exercise goal? Is that right? Any other costs?

So would it be worth getting the watch, selling it brand new and buying a Garmin with the money? (I don't have any Apple products/ iPhone, so an Apple watch is useless in my household.)

https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/apple-watch-activation-fee-waiver

And the new active gear savings:

https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/active-gear-your-evolution-in-fitness

I love my Vitality diamond benefits, but the active gear / healthy gear stuff is a pain - haven't bothered using it. My friend's Momentum stuff seems so much simpler! Just pays for his device with a great upfront discount on the website, no need to do any complicated calculations, and it arrives a day or 2 later

Edited by ridr

I see they've dropped the R999 activation fee for an Apple watch - now only R10.

And then they only bill you if you don't achieve your exercise goal? Is that right? Any other costs?

So would it be worth getting the watch, selling it brand new and buying a Garmin with the money? (I don't have any Apple products/ iPhone, so an Apple watch is useless in my household.)

I love my Vitality diamond benefits, but the active gear / healthy gear stuff is a pain - haven't bothered using it. My friend's Momentum stuff seems so much simpler! Just pays for his device with a great upfront discount on the website, no need to do any complicated calculations, and it arrives a day or 2 later

The Apple watch has always been like that. They only bill if you miss one or more weekly goals. I’ve worked off two watches without paying a cent (activation fee excluded).

post-1033-0-25685500-1617943455_thumb.jpg

I see it's R6 000 per year.

My SO is on discovery vitality and has now got an e-bike. We are not sure if e-bike rides count towards points etc. as a normal bike would? Can she mark her rides as e-bike and still get the rewards?

Just remember that you need an iphone to activate the benefit (on the app)

But once that's done, you dont need it anymore

Just remember that you need an iphone to activate the benefit (on the app)

But once that's done, you dont need it anymore

No you dont, you can do it online through the website. 

My SO is on discovery vitality and has now got an e-bike. We are not sure if e-bike rides count towards points etc. as a normal bike would? Can she mark her rides as e-bike and still get the rewards?

Vitality don't care what the workout is. They are only interested in how long it is and what your average heart rate is. So as long as your heart rate is above 70% of (220 - age) and you ride for at least 30 minutes you will get points.

Never knew that... I stand corrected. 

Oh cool, even easier then! Was going to do it on a friend's phone.

To expand on Jehosefat’s reply below:

Discovery give:

100 points for speed without HR;

100 - 300 based on having 60-70%, 70-80% or >80% for a combination of durations (30-60 mins). It’s all on their app and website.

https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/vitality_news/vitality_fitness_heart_rate_table.pdf

Vitality don't care what the workout is. They are only interested in how long it is and what your average heart rate is. So as long as your heart rate is above 70% of (220 - age) and you ride for at least 30 minutes you will get points.