Bikes Stolen at 94.7 Cycle Challenge

Zariuss

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/155587-stolen-kuota-kharma-2014-midrand/

https://www.bikehub.co.za/stolenbikes/293-raleigh-rc7000-2008/​

Yesterday after our race finish we head back to the vehicle which was parked 100m behind the entertainment area in the Green Block to go and lock our bikes on the Thule before going to whatch another mate of ours finish.

We went to buy burgers and beers and approx. 50 min later we returned with our mate who has now finished to load his bike and leave.

We arrive at a empty Thule rack. Both the above bike where stolen from a locked bike rack.

Please if anyone saw anything give us some feedback??!

all of this happened between 13h50 and 15h00.

Sorry to hear about your loss - We were also parked in that area and the way the so called carguard (Security) followed us from the entrance  to our car and hang around looking exactly what we do made me feel uncomfortable. I then took our bikes off the Thule and load them inside the car and locked. The moment we did that he left. Don't ever trust this so-called event security people.

Edited by Broker

Yip, sorry for your lost bikes.

We decided to rather just go home than risk our tandem on the bike rack. Pity as I was craving a burger and another coke. Anyway the cost of a tandem is huge and you cannot just put it in the car.

Edited by ycowley

Expensive lesson learned obviously!

Thought because we are so close to the entertainment area and bikes been locked it wont be an issue.

Well lesson learned and that wont happen to me again as I will not leave the bike on the rack again at a race.

HBO thanks for your sarcastic comment. I just wanted to put it out there if someone saw anything. I realise that I am the one in the wrong here.

T.I.A

This is also the reason a lot of Insurance companies don't insure you, or charge a huge premium for races as they know that's where bikes get stolen. Sad But true.

On the upside guess you guys are shopping for bikes for Christmas!  That's always exciting!  Shop second hand there should be heaps going on sale now as many peeps throw in the towel on cycling after Sundays race.

I realise that I am the one in the wrong here.

Wtf dude. You're in the wrong because some kants stole your bikes?

Silly considering the world we live in, but what is wrong is that something can happen in such a busy environment and nobody saw anything.

Thought because we are so close to the entertainment area and bikes been locked it wont be an issue.

Well lesson learned and that wont happen to me again as I will not leave the bike on the rack again at a race.

HBO thanks for your sarcastic comment. I just wanted to put it out there if someone saw anything. I realise that I am the one in the wrong here.

You not in the wrong. I normally lock my bikes against a pole in the yard and the one day I didn't lock it , it got stolen. Sorry about your loss. I generally do not leave my bike on the rack, if I do a run a normal chain and lock through the bike and the towing eye of the van

I apologise, it wasn't intended to be sarcastic. My budy also wanted us to put the bikes on the racks after the race- he also said it is quite safe with all the people around- but I insisted on parking them in the bike park. Glad I did.

As mentioned above- we are supposed to leave it at the cars unlocked. It sickens me how people steal purely out of habit.

Edited by HBO