Gauteng hub ride

nellie

I'm now bummed I'm not in Jhb. I want to join the ride to meet everyone. :(

Saw you were a bit far unfortunately... but start a thread for a ride in your area for Saturday...would be awesome to see all the pics from around the country!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now bummed I'm not in Jhb.

I want to join the ride to meet everyone. :(

Invite everyone down to Karkloof for a spin....

You have to be a cyclist first ^_^

http://www.myfriendstickers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Brown_Eye.jpg

How convincing are you as a girl? Think i like the suggested screening process of pics first and then we can vote ;)

If the ladies approve, the guys need to be willing to push us up the hills if we're suffering ;)

I'll push....if I'm not suffering too much myself. You see, I make a great girl.

Nellie where in Randburg are you from?

StevieL and I are planning to do this ride on Saturday, if timed right we might be able to 'catch up to' you all...if I know the restaurants name you are planning to meet at, or if you want to join the ride in with us? 

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/155156-the-i-team/?p=2755948

Edit: I wont be able to do MTBing, my shoulder is still stuffed (actually shouldnt be riding yet)

Edited by hayleyearth

Invite everyone down to Karkloof for a spin....

http://www.myfriendstickers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Brown_Eye.jpg

Okay girls.......This is the official "you are welcome to come ride Karkloof/Howick" -I promise not to tell pervalicious over here if you come.... With Dec holidays coming up, maybe some of you will be down here?

Edited by blondeonabike

I would be inclined to rather encourage all of the women to go down to the Track at Hector Norris Park to see what track racing is all about and get involved. You can have coffee whilst you learn what the track is all about, and then when you see how awesome it is get involved :-)

Thanks DJ84...we usually park there and have a milkshake afterwards too...

Place i'm thinking of now is on the little stretch of road heading to the Sterkfontein caves coming from the Lion Park though...they've apparently got quite good waffles too.. But can't find them on google maps...really need to pay better attention next time:-/

If i don't find the name, think we'll default back to Something Country,thanks!

Hayleyearth...ooh...thanks for the offer! Looks like a pretty cool ride! Uhm...think for the group ride purposes i'll drive out this week...maybe do an extra loop afterwards or something, but if you ride out that way in the future, i'd love to join. I'm in Blairgowrie...wasn't sure if there are safe enough routes to take out to the cradle from here, so would love to check it out sometime!

Aaaw.. pity GP is too far for a coffee ride..I would dust my road bike off to meet the ladies..

SO Unfair, we are going on a stupid cruise for a friend's birthday so Im already missing Double Century, and now this! Im also newish to JHB so would be great to meet all of you girls. Keep us posted on how it goes and keen for either a road or MTB ride again in the future. 

Is Makiti the waffle place you had in mind?

Yes!!! Saw them on google maps and went to their website...seemed fancy, so just left them a mail to double check if it is indeed them that i had in mind.. Seems like a good spot for gathering? Think we should try it out?

SO Unfair, we are going on a stupid cruise for a friend's birthday so Im already missing Double Century, and now this! Im also newish to JHB so would be great to meet all of you girls. Keep us posted on how it goes and keen for either a road or MTB ride again in the future.

We'll see how this one goes and maybe do another one sometime next month...bit of social before the holidays :-P

Damn! We're planning a weekend away this weekend, I would have been keen to join. I'll be home alone all December when the SO heads to England, so any ladies ever up for road or MTB ride, just shout. It's always more fun with some company...