Gauteng hub ride

nellie

Okay okay...so...seeing as it seems we're only going to be 2 or 3 girls so far....the guys are welcome to join in...and you don't even have to dress up like girls now ;)

I'll be at Makiti at 7am anyways, regardless, so whoever feels like joining is welcome.. Got confirmation from the lady at Makiti that there is parking available for cyclists and that they do indeed serve good coffee and waffles...

I'm thinking one loop should suit everyone? Although...this can be decided on when we start off?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry ladies but I committed to that ride with StevieL already and I kinda feel like riding into the cradle than driving all that way (which I usually do - I park at Toadbury usually) is more economical and earth friendly ..........

#fuelprice

#IdriveaVW2LTdi  :ph34r:  :nuke:  :eek:  :lol:

Enjoy and be safe!

@Nellie, I am coming from an injury and will only be in SA for 2 more weeks for the rest of the year, but I ride some mornings too...we should chat and arrange to ride together from early 2016...I dont mind riding alone in the mornings to come past your house 1st if you worried about safety (read something on another thread)  :thumbup:

Hahaha...love the VW hashtag!

And definitely...need to get back into proper racing again as of next year, so really need to start commiting to getting out on the road more often through the week as well.. As for safety...just newish to the area and mostly been exploring the Spruit trails around here, so no clue where to safely take my road bike just yet... over weekends i'm mostly out of town, so then we just go ride wherever we are at that stage. Where do you live?

Maybe we'll see you guys on the road then:) safe riding!

Hahaha...love the VW hashtag!

And definitely...need to get back into proper racing again as of next year, so really need to start commiting to getting out on the road more often through the week as well.. As for safety...just newish to the area and mostly been exploring the Spruit trails around here, so no clue where to safely take my road bike just yet... over weekends i'm mostly out of town, so then we just go ride wherever we are at that stage. Where do you live?

Maybe we'll see you guys on the road then:) safe riding!

The area next to you - Linden.

I have done about 7 morning rides from August and all of them I get on my bike around 4:45 and ride up 5th Street and then up Bram Fischer and then there is quite a few groups coming down from Engen Bryanston's side - I turn around and join them (random people everytime) then for their normal Engen2Engen ride - I leave the group usually after Sandton drive and then through Hurlingham back up Conrad drive then Standard rd back to Linden...it is about 40km (max 1.5 hours)

I am not a racer (so might be too slow for you) and do more MTB but since August spent more time on the road bike. 

Haha...i'm a proper funrider at this moment...just gradually working on the fitness.. Give a few spin classes Monday-Friday, mostly evenings...so that keeps me going, but would love to get out on the road more too.

Currently getting my mtb sorted out and properly fixed up to sell...so will probably only get myself a decent new build for offroad next year sometime..

Ahhh okay...you literally pass by my house...so might as well get my bum in gear and join ;) thanks!

Ladies if you want to improve your technical skills a bit tomorrow is your chance (and it's free). There's a skills thing on at Hakahana tomorrow lead by guys that really know how to ride and have fun in a bike. Let me know if any of you will be interested and I'll give more details....or search for this event on fb... 

post-24697-0-12996200-1448115358_thumb.png

I would be inclined to rather encourage all of the women to go down to the Track at Hector Norris Park to see what track racing is all about and get involved. You can have coffee whilst you learn what the track is all about, and then when you see how awesome it is get involved :-)

Hector Norris racing this weekend was awesome! The ladies raced their hearts out and boy the raced hard. The one thing about track racing it is so much friendlier than any of the other disciplines, perhaps BMX is also that friendly. It makes the Mtbikers look like roadies when it come to being friendly. Always good to see the track cycling family, at meets.

Apologies for the slight thread hi-jack. December we will be doing quite a lot of base miles, riding around the cradle, will notify you guys if you want to ride along. 

post-20779-0-50914500-1448257635_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cargyrl

I am a typical MTB'er and recently got into road because of the 94.7 (and a bit of of a need for variety). Now that the meet is open to both genders I am thinking this could be fun.

What is the average speed you guys do around Cradle? I will go solo if you're too quick. :)

How many are in for this so far? Sounds like a great way to meet fellow cyclists and hubbers.

• 4 weeks later...