[Event] Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

Nick

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Officially no, but I'm sure there are always a few who rock up without their numbers...

Stellenbosch CT ‏@StellenboschCT  3h3 hours ago

Please note, no race number collections for #SCT2015 will be done on race day. Today is the last day for number collection at registration.

Oh, then I stand corrected

Have heard of early morning collections on my training ride this mornir

Thanx for the official word, Skubarra

Where do the board things go ? Seat post area ?

For DC i put on the front of my handlebars, had a few team mates put on there seat posts. I have put mine on seat post... More aero ;)

I must admit, I'm not psyched for tomorrow. Still about 80% recovered from flu. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Didnt even have sufficient motivation for a leg warmer session today...

Great morning out, the weather was very kind and I predict a number of personal bests on the route. My Garmin measured 97 Km's so not sure what happened to the extra 4 Km's for the planned detour.

Good marshaling in 1C batch and overall a well organized event. Time to put the feet up!

It's going to be very got for the later batches.

If you are,or know the owner of a white Mercedes reg CL 33 WP, please pm me.

Had a good one too from 1B. Vacuumed up most (or all?) of 1A and at least part of % and many tandems and $ people. Only saw one crash where there are mini speed bumps in the centre yellow line before Paarl.  Poor guy took quite a tumble and came down on a rough surface - hope he's ok.  

Otherwise was a nice race.  Sorry to the guy whose bars I tapped along the way, and thanks for not swearing at me (not aloud anyway).

My computer also measured 97 and a bit.

Note to self: coughing up a lung and a lost voice may make a lovely day much less pleasant than you had hoped... (but still better a day out, than a day in)

post-17362-0-97419000-1448790693_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Thor Buttox

Started in %, chest felt very tight going up Hels, couldn't make it over with the front, spent ages tying to catch them with a small group. Didn't work. Some 1A riders caught us just before the turn to Steenbras Dam. The bulk of 1A and some of 1B caught us at Windmeul cellar. Thank goodness! Big easy bus home. Coughing up phlegm, definitely affected my performance today. Sorry guys, normally I take a few turns at the front till I see blood. Next time.

I started in 4C, and had a good race the first 70kms.  Then it got hot.  Really hot and I started struggling.  I kept on pouring water over myself just to handle the heat.  My body started complaining and the speed kept on dropping.  Passed a few blokes that burnt all their matches and were down and out.  I did 4h25.

I am a bit disappointed with my fellow cyclists though.  My son started in 3C , and had a great race until 65kms, when he had a flat.  He inserted his bomb into the valve, and the valve broke, and could not puncture the membrane on the bomb.  So he could not inflate the tube after he changed it, and not one cyclist ask him if he is OK, or offered to just pump his tyre for him.  Eventually the sweep picked him up.  We have a mini-pump, but we never take it along as it is useless.

Forgot to mention.  My sons says one cyclist was hit by a car.  He passed the scene and people were attending to the cyclist.  He says he think the cyclist will be OK as it did not look too bad.  Anybody else has info?

Edited by Moridin