Are Baggy's the new cool for MTB?

Heel Drop

I am considering buying some baggy's as I think they will be cool to ride with, but what are the pro's and con's of these pants - is it worth the money and are they practical ? 

Cool as in *C or cool as in fashion?

Baggies are not *C cooler than lycras

Lycras are a mtb fashion no-no.

Baggies can be uncomfortable

They hook on the saddle just at the wrong time.

Fall with a pair of lycras and you will know all about it and you will be replacing them and some flesh.

Cycle in what you want.

I have cycled(mtb) in lycras with a cut off pair of denim jeans over them and found that to be the most comfortable - but fashion dictates.

My son cycles on the road in baggies.

Baggies or lycras in white is a far bigger issue - seriously!

Edited by porqui

Think it's preference. For long rides I still prefer bibs because my baggies 'rub' over my knee which I don't like. Definitely wouldn't wear baggies every ride.

You need the right baggies. Those cheap ones are nasty. Rode the Paarl mtb race today with my baggies, and my trail bike. Those okes on hardtail 29ers and lycra were *** jealous of me. :ph34r: . But seriously, mine are Spez baggies with a built in bib. Super comfy.

Cool as in *C or cool as in fashion?

Baggies are not *C cooler than lycras

Lycras are a mtb fashion no-no.

Baggies can be uncomfortable

They hook on the saddle just at the wrong time.

Fall with a pair of lycras and you will know all about it and you will be replacing them and some flesh.

Cycle in what you want.

I have cycled(mtb) in lycras with a cut off pair of denim jeans over them and found that to be the most comfortable - but fashion dictates.

My son cycles on the road in baggies.

Baggies or lycras in white is a far bigger issue - seriously!

Now that yo you mention it , I think both is relevant 

Intrepid apparel mission shorts. Best baggies about... But if I were dirt roading a 125km fire trail / keep track ride I'd Lyra up roadie style. Full white shorts and white sleeveless top. Suns out, guns out! ;)

Rode the DC in baggies yesterday...

For various reasons, i can't ride without them! They definitely uncool in a road race, this was evident by some of the comments along the beautiful 202km route in swellendam

For various reasons, i can't ride without them! They definitely uncool in a road race, this was evident by some of the comments along the beautiful 202km route in swellendam

I'm un-friending you on Facebook

????

I use baggies fo road and mtb. No issues.

you mean like duch "baggy"  :ph34r: