Attakwas 2016

Jeanpg

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the tips given are sound advice!!! This will be my 6th Atta. All that I can add for the first timers is this: start very slow! If you think you're going to slow, slow down even more....and again!! Spur burgers are great, except when it's mixed with vomit....consider yourself warned. If you sweat a lot, like me, start using cramp stop from the start of the race. Lastly: when you get the the 'King of the Atta'...stop!!!! Eat and drink something....it's very technical and fast towards bonnydale and if your technical skills are not Very Good...take it slow!!!! I've seen some serious crashes over the years.

Ride safe and enjoy the best one day mtb race in SA!!!

Good morning,

So, some kind of crazy inspired me to enter for the Attakwas. Been putting in quite a bit of time on the bike. Getting quite excited.

On the other hand, the race sounds more "hardebaard" than I feel.

Any tips, tricks and advice would be appreciated for preparation, packing, training etc.

The race starts at 75km...So eat the burger and prepare yourself for a hard 50km.

How technical is this race?

Can a roadie complete this? How does it compare to the double century?

Thanks

I wouldn't suggest this race to someone who isn't technically proficient on a MTB. If you're a roadie you are not going to manage this event well if you don't also MTB regularly.

Hi I know everyone looking for an entry - any chance one still available? please mail on the off chance that someone doesn't want theirs? PLEASE?  guy@apula.co.za

This will be my first Attakwas. I still don't know if I should ride it on a hardtail or dual suss.

Full suspension - no question. Hardtail only if your 'dual suss' option is a 25kg downhill bomber...  :ph34r:

Guest notmyname

This will be my first Attakwas. I still don't know if I should ride it on a hardtail or dual suss.

Hardtail. But bare in mind I'm bias.