Sigma ROX 10.0

1hill@aTime

Hi Gents\Ladies

It's been awhile...

I am looking at replacing my GPS unit, no names mentioned.

How would you review the Sigma in subject and what is the after sales service like?

Is the battery replaceable after a few years?

Thanks

Mate of mine rides with one and he's very happy with it.

I use a Garmin Edge 800 and often lose signal in the forest but the Sigma doesn't.He had issues with Strava but that was sorted with the latest software update.

Not 100% sure about the battery, but loving mine, do have a few issues, but the again all products do have.

The 4 plastic tabs thingies seems that it would need replacement in the future if the computer is removed from the mount allot.

Pressing both bottom buttons together to turn the backlight on can be tricky on a rough road without activating a new lap.

My 2c

Had mine for nearly 2 years now - very happy. Have not contemplated changing it. Battery life is good, and I haven't found the need to replace the battery yet.

Love mine, but there's some issues.

Wife and I have the same units. Data Center gets confused between our units and we can't have separate users with separate units in the same Data Center.

I got around this by creating a separate Windows login for her and installing Data Center there. Now no issues.

In the time that I've had it I have to say that Data Center's updates themselves have been very impressive.

Best Bang for Buck GPS in my opinion

I would look at Bryton rather. Good pricing and have had great service from them. HR straps are crap though

Why, unsubstantiated comment...

ROX HR straps are awesome, haven't had service issues from Sigma at all.

When you install your Sigma Data Center for the first time, you're offered a second mount for free. They literally ship a tiny piece of plastic all the way from Germany for you if you register your software and simply choose to get a second mount.

How is that not service?

Howdy

I bought one from CWC for R2460 15 months ago and came with HR strap and cadence sensor and the mounts. I have put the cadence sensor on my spinning bike and use it and the HR strap with the Wahoo app for spinning.

With regards the Rox 10 it has been brilliant. Battery life after 15 hours of W2W was 70%. It is pretty easy to set up, and I probably don't use half the features that it comes with - I have been meaning to fiddle around with the settings at some stage.

The one thing that I do find tedious is having to set the altitude manually at the start of a ride, but this can easily be corrected in the dashboard if you forget.

Back-up: superb, I made a Friday post on here when I somehow managed to damage mine and Omnico had it replaced in a day.

I got a Garmin Virb Elite from Dion the other day on a special so will shortly see if the two devices talk to each other.

Tom

Rox 10 is awesome!

Bought one second hand, works like a charm!

Easy integration with PC, able to upload your result to Strava by clicking one button.

Amazing the amount of data you can get if you have all the gadgets.

Would def recommend it.

It has one issue, you have to set the alltitude manually, for example when I started with mine I was below the sea level at some spots during my race :)

It is easy to fix though, use a site called whatismyelevation and they will help you get the correct elevation for race day or your home etc.

Edited by BarryHeyns

• 4 weeks later...

I would look at Bryton rather. Good pricing and have had great service from them. HR straps are crap though

Thank you currently have one which I am not happy with