Review: Truvativ Jerome Clementz BlackBox handlebar

LazyTrailRider

Handlebars can be a touchy subject. These days, everyone's on the "wider is most definitely better" bandwagon, with even marathon riders being advised to ditch their long stems and narrow bars for setups which sit as close as possible to the steerer and create as much leverage as possible to (man)handle the front wheel.

Click here to view the article

post-3655-0-31104700-1448355705_thumb.jpg

post-3655-0-88685000-1448355705_thumb.jpg

post-3655-0-39541300-1448355706_thumb.jpg

post-3655-0-46841100-1448355729_thumb.jpg

post-3655-0-99338700-1448355729_thumb.jpg

post-3655-0-29675700-1448355837_thumb.jpg

Great bar, I have one on my Tallboy LT and I love it.

Perfect width for a short/medium size rider who doesn't have very wide shoulders.

Also great for longer XC rides, as well as proper trail riding. 

Just came back here again to take a look at your lekker viets!

Maybe Bogus can spray those red accents on your cranks to match the cyan on your bike?

Maybe Bogus can spray those red accents on your cranks to match the cyan on your bike?

i think that would be a step too far

The red on the cranks match the red (albeit slightly pink) of the fork's o-ring. Just enough to break the blue, black and white.

Haha, I have to sheepishly admit that colour coordination is a constant first-world conundrum for me... The bike's gone from:

Standard stealth black rim setup, with the Pike blank:

post-3655-0-41792900-1448974572_thumb.jpg

To cyan rim decals with blank Pike:

post-3655-0-48441900-1448974569_thumb.jpg

To a completely clashing Fox 36 scheme:

post-3655-0-54958900-1448974571_thumb.jpg

Right now, the rim decals have come off again because they were totally ruined at EzelEnduro, so I'm back to stealth. Feels like something is missing, so will likely slap some on again. The problem is I only have standard yellow and red Roval sets left. What to do...

Haha, I have to sheepishly admit that colour coordination is a constant first-world conundrum for me... The bike's gone from:

attachicon.gifEnduroNew.jpg

attachicon.gifEnduro-black.jpg

attachicon.gifEnduro-gold.jpg

Right now, the rim decals have come off again because they were totally ruined at EzelEnduro, so I'm back to stealth. Feels like something is missing, so will likely slap some on again. The problem is I only have standard yellow and red Roval sets left. What to do...

Orange / Yellow / Cyan .......... don't see a problem here

attachicon.gifEnduroNew.jpg

attachicon.gifEnduro-black.jpg

attachicon.gifEnduro-gold.jpg

nice timber cladding detail, I like the way the joints are staggered....assuming the pic was taken in the Bo-Kaap or older parts of CT?

Edited by Hairy