The Cradle - Post Mortem

Guest Michelle

Guest Michelle

It definitely seems like they put in alot more effort than last year.

I found the route quite tough Embarrassed (at least the wind stayed away this year)

Two gripes:

• The venue held a kwela/kwaito music concert on the same day!   Had they started it a little later (maybe from 12 instead of 9) it may have been a bit better.  Fighting with traffic to the finish was not fun (especially considering how I was feeling).  I politely asked the lady who almost hit me not to ride so close to the cyclists.. she just stuck her nose up & accelerated... hmmm oops... looks like I got it wrong... lady cow

• I felt really sorry for the riders doing the shorter distance.  The road back to the Cradle had no shoulder & the traffic was TERRIBLE.  On the way home I saw a couple of people walking on the dirt/gravel with their roadbikes... I'm guessing they were too scared to stay on the road!! Dead  So much for a "fun ride".
Other than that... much much better!! Clap

Anybody know why it's no longer an Argus seeding event?

Big%20smile

Actually I could not agree more Michelle---I did a loop of 130k's and came up from Magaliesburg..did Hekpoort to Ontdekkers as my last stretch...I rode into this race and with a few cyclists...I saw the congestion/aggravation of some motorists and the cyclists walking on gravel....In that heat all you want to do is be finished with your race & not getting bumped....  Unhappy

"DTBig%20smile"

Who won the girls race? Who was all there? All i could do after saturday was lie on the couch and feel sorry for myself!!! I gues that is what happens when you've been sick hey!!

Guest Michelle

Grapkas: Cherise Taylor won... against lots of Cbist girls

(including Elsa Karstens)  It was quite a small group.  They were

pretty aggressive.. attacking from 10km's in.  There was lots of

shouting going on.  I got dropped early (really bad day on the bike...

nose & throat are stuffed today Cry) so Amoryn might be able to fill you in on what happened later on in the race... 

Hey Michelle, were you doing the race for seeding purposes? If so wouldn't it have been faster to ride in the open sections (where everybody is trying to ride a consistant but fast race) rather than racing ladies where everybody is racing to win and doesn't care about time??

Guest Michelle

I was hoping for a bit of race experience as well... definitely got that.  Ah well... live & learn Ouch