Manon Carpenter left gutted after mountain bike fleet stolen

Catatonic_Joe

Manon Carpenter became another bike theft statistic after eight mountain bikes and two off-road bikes stolen from her home in Caerphilly.

There is an active appeal for information relating to her garage being broken into on Van Terrace, Castle Park, Caerphilly between 7.00pm on Sunday 22 November and the morning of Tuesday 24 November. If anyone has any info that can help Manon they can contact Caerphilly police on 101.

The items stolen include:

• A KTM EXC 250 off road motorbike – black and orange
  • A 2011 KTM XC 150 off road motorbike – black and orange
  • A Dartmoor Dirtjump mountain bike – Phantom model – with gears and Fox 831 forks – black in colour with white lettering
  • A 2013 Saracen Kili Flyer mountain bike with suspension – black and bright
  • A 2014 Saracen Aerial 150 suspension mountain bike – silver, red and black
  • A 2013 Saracen AVLX Dirtjump mountain bike with gears and Fox 831 Forks – all black in colour
  • A 2015 Saracen Kili Flyer mountain bike, full carbon fibre with full suspension – silver and black with “Saracen” written on frame
  • A 2015 Saracen Aerial 150 mountain bike with full suspension – black and silver  with black and orange Fox Forks
  • A 2015 Saracen Myst Downhill race bike – black, white and red
  • A 2016 prototype Saracen Myst Downhill mountain bike – black and red with “Saracen” written on frame

Edited by Catatonic_Joe

Manon Carpenter became another bike theft statistic after eight mountain bikes and two off-road bikes stolen from her home in Caerphilly.

There is an active appeal for information relating to her garage being broken into on Van Terrace, Castle Park, Caerphilly between 7.00pm on Sunday 22 November and the morning of Tuesday 24 November. If anyone has any info that can help Manon they can contact Caerphilly police on 101.

The items stolen include:

• A KTM EXC 250 off road motorbike – black and orange
  • A 2011 KTM XC 150 off road motorbike – black and orange
  • A Dartmoor Dirtjump mountain bike – Phantom model – with gears and Fox 831 forks – black in colour with white lettering
  • A 2013 Saracen Kili Flyer mountain bike with suspension – black and bright
  • A 2014 Saracen Aerial 150 suspension mountain bike – silver, red and black
  • A 2013 Saracen AVLX Dirtjump mountain bike with gears and Fox 831 Forks – all black in colour
  • A 2015 Saracen Kili Flyer mountain bike, full carbon fibre with full suspension – silver and black with “Saracen” written on frame
  • A 2015 Saracen Aerial 150 mountain bike with full suspension – black and silver  with black and orange Fox Forks
  • A 2015 Saracen Myst Downhill race bike – black, white and red
  • A 2016 prototype Saracen Myst Downhill mountain bike – black and red with “Saracen” written on frame

Thats one hell of an insurance claim.

Guest notmyname

Bloody hell...wonder if they left anything for her!

Well if the crooks were south African you can bet she no longer has the white of her eyes or sugar in her koffie.

hectic...

is it just me or did the theft of bikes go up since Carte Blanche ran that story on the fake Pinarello (if i remember correctly)... and they kept mentioning the prices of the bikes... 

....or was I just not paying attention to stolen bikes before then... 

:ph34r:

Edited by Lynnie_the_Snail

is it just me or did the theft of bikes go up since Carte Blanche ran that story on the fake Pinarello (if i remember correctly)... and they kept mentioning the prices of the bikes... 

Bike theft has been gradually getting worse, but not because of the Carte Blanche episode... :)  I feel slightly better knowing that we here is SA are not the only ones affected by the issue.

Feel really sad for Manon, those bikes must've meant a lot to her, her 'babies'. I hope those w@nkers get caught.  :angry:

Edited by Catatonic_Joe

hectic...

....or was I just not paying attention to stolen bikes before then...

:ph34r:

You are right.

Carte Blanche is compulsory viewing by the underworld in South Wales

Edited by eddy

How big is her garage!!!

Too big now... shame that is some organisation. That's hectic. You're not going to a procession of out of place guys peddling and pushing all those in to the local chop shop. What did they turn up in, a removal truck?

Honestly though, I've got my garage and my store room hooked into the alarm and have added CCTV for the road and I've only got 3 grown up bikes and no 2 wheel motorised toys to protect. 

I see that Manon says they recovered the mountain bikes but not the morotcycles.

I think she must have been more worried at about the mtb.

I think she must have been more worried at about the mtb.

Definitely.

I bet any one of those bicycles is worth way more than the motorcycles, not to mention one was a prototype, and one is the bike she won her world champs stripes on.