PPA seeding for racing

mecheng89

Hi Hubbers!

PPA seeding indexes are there for multiple reasons, the most important one to see how, statistically, you rank among all the other cyclists in the country without having to actually take parts in exactly the same races. Once one's PPA seeding increases (or in this case lowers), the potentially for racing starts to form an idea in one's mind.

So I was wondering, what is the lowest "expected" PPA seeding index to have before you can consider yourself a "racing snake" (unless there is an official figure)?

This is where most riders are disillusioned.Ppa is for fun rides and thats that.If you get into the real racing road or mtb at national level Ppa seeding means nothing.

Most of the national events will take your sa seeding .With the way Ppa have been promoting people recently I think their seeding means even less at the moment.To answer your question I think you need at least A if you under 40 and at least B if you over 40 if you want to race.

Of course anyone with any seeding can pitch up and race but i'm talking about if you want to be competitive in your age group.All of this applies to racing,not your local fun rides .