Review: Giant Reign Advanced 27.5 1

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly interested now. How are the 2 playing different sports? Seems you're buying into the SC hype now...

As for the dollar price, no relevance here in our market. Dragons only brings in framesets on the SC stuff, owing to most SC owners / buyers wanting a custom build. And at ~45k for the frame alone, there's no way you'll get anywhere close to the cost of that full bike pictured there.

So no - still 15-20k more than the giant.

gx gruppo - 7k

Pike - 10k (if you're VERY lucky)

Wheels - 6k (Flow ex / Hope)

cockpit - 2k

tyres - 1.5k

saddle - 1k

dropper - 6k (2,500 if giant)

brakes - 3k (xt) 

That's a build kit cost of R 36,500, bringing you to 80k. 

The same way AB de Villiers and Stiaan van Zyl are both cricketers.  But their not really both playing cricket.

But seriously, I'm not going to continue this debate.  You are relentless.

So if you want, I'll concede.  You win.  Please stop.  I give up. I'm sorry I insulted your bike.  Tell it I apologise.  

Myles and Nico should have an MTB duel to settle this scrap.

I'll lose. Nico's a better rider than I am by quite a way. Plus, I'm kinda fat and unfit atm. Which means I run out of steam very quickly... 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

The same way AB de Villiers and Stiaan van Zyl are both cricketers.  But their not really both playing cricket.

No, seriously, I want to know your reasoning, besides "Santa Cruz Nomad OMG Jizzz"

Besides - my relentlessness was initially as a result of your total ignorance of how exchange rate fluctuations affect pricing, then of your vehicular comparison... 

Now it's genuine interest as to why you made that comparison. And your basis for saying it, other than drinking the SC kool-aid. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

I'll lose. Nico's a better rider than I am by quite a way. Plus, I'm kinda fat and unfit atm. Which means I run out of steam very quickly... 

except going downhill, then it is talent.

nah. Fitness still plays a HUGE role. Plus, I have a *thing* with gaps and drops. Slowly trying to cure it. 

Maybe on the new Red line at Jonkers I'll have a chance, but yeah naaah. His car / cricket analogy works with the 2 of us, that's for sure! LOL

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Nico is a very good rider. Up and down. He's the only person I've ever seen at Morgins and Mont Cheri on a 29er (Steeeeeeep)

He's also an advocate so I'd not recommend getting into a battle of whits with him unless you have your facts very straight. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

No, seriously, I want to know your reasoning, besides "Santa Cruz Nomad OMG Jizzz"

Besides - my relentlessness was initially as a result of your total ignorance of how exchange rate fluctuations affect pricing, then of your vehicular comparison... 

Now it's genuine interest as to why you made that comparison. And your basis for saying it, other than drinking the SC kool-aid. 

For what its worth, I would much much rather have the Giant. Santa Cruz is slowly taking over the crown from Spez, as the bike for posers.  :whistling:   

Nico is a very good rider. Up and down. He's the only person I've ever seen at Morgins and Mont Cheri on a 29er (Steeeeeeep)

He's also an advocate so I'd not recommend getting into a battle of whits with him unless you have your facts very straight. 

*myles will run out of steam .........going downhill.....and then he crashes.... running out of talent and steam*

edit: this is the hub, facts are always straight.

A battle of wits scares me not a whit, should you be wondering.