Trans Baviaans 2016

Joe Low

Entries opened at 8am this morning and our team is in - first to register, last to finish, but we will finish.

That sets up the training schedule for next year, already excited by the possibilities when it's on paper.  Getting the practice to match will make all the difference.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ouch, not the first then - I was all fingers and thumbs with the entry and the payment. The confirmation says 8:56, so more like last to register.

I logged on at 09.00 and got the 'entries closed' message, will try to enter for #2 race tomorrow.

We are entered as well for the 2nd event, will Be our first. I believe this event is a logistical nightmare? For those who have done this event a couple of times, you must have this sorted like a well oiled machine, please share some tips, the do's & dont's, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Our first as well. Cant wait, we will try for a sub 10. Team Namaqua

Edited by Breezer

We are entered as well for the 2nd event, will Be our first. I believe this event is a logistical nightmare? For those who have done this event a couple of times, you must have this sorted like a well oiled machine, please share some tips, the do's & dont's, etc.

Thanks in advance.

We were 2 novices last year but luckily our other teammate did it before so it helped a lot with the planning. Most important:

Sort out your accommodation as soon as possible and the main nightmare is getting your vehicle to Jeffreys if you don't have a second.

We arranged for somebody to take our car down, we didn't have a second/ driver, which is a nice to have but not a necessity if you plan adequately as to what you are going to put in your boxes.

Main tip.... get your behind in a saddle and ride. This is a long ride and you have to be prepared to marry your ass to your saddle.

Thanks in advance.

Hi milky,

There are quite a lot of tips etc. on the 2015 thread if memory serves me right. I am doing my 7th straight this year. Velouria on here has done all of them so will also be able to give a lot of advise.

We usually plan for a 15-18 hour ride. You are welcome to send me a pm if you have any questions or need advise. I have a sort of general 'planning' mail I send to my team each year with loads of info which I can pm to you as well...if you understand Afrikaans  :ph34r:

Edited by hboli4

We usually plan for a 15-18 hour ride. You are welcome to send me a pm if you have any questions or need advise. I have a sort of general 'planning' mail I send to my team each here with loads of info which I can pm to you as well...if you understand Afrikaans  :ph34r:

Jy kan asb vir my ook die Pm stuur as jy nie omgee nie - dankie

Wanted to enter but my partner pulled out the last minute. So busy looking for a new partner.

Wanted to enter but my partner pulled out the last minute. So busy looking for a new partner.

I would suggest getting an entry first and then look for a partner...